Advanced 12 lead Course.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
hey all, here is an upcoming 12 lead course in the riverside CA area. I have taken this man's class before and i can tell you he is a great instructor, as you can see by the tuition he is not in this for the money. if you want his contact info PM me (if this is OK with the mods, if this is in violation please just delete it I dont need another infraction :sad: ) below is the course description.

Greetings all. It's the beginning of 2011 and there's no better time than now to insure the best in patient care outcomes for the year. Come join me for a first of its kind, Advanced Diagnostic 12 Lead Interpretation workshop on Sunday, January 16th in Riverside, CA. Change is good, especially as it relates to medical knowledge since we work in such a dynamic and progressive field. I have submitted proposals to local EMS Agencies which have been very well received and will surely be the impetus for foundational changes to the structure of our EMS education and scope of practice. Be on the ground floor and prepared for the wave of progress by being a step ahead already relating to 12 Lead interpretation in the field setting. Prominent physicians have published in the medical journals their sentiments stating that, "The deep knowledge of 12 Lead interpretation is the most important skill one can obtain in all of medicine."

Our current foundation of 12 lead instruction is fatally flawed and rife with defects. Many of our protocols reinforce the fallacy that a STEMI cannot be diagnosed in the setting of such conditions as Left Bundle Branch Block or Paced Rhythms. This is altogether incorrect and is currently causing us to transport these patients to Non-STEMI receiving hospitals the majority of the time since we cannot activate the Cath Lab from the field in these cases. This results in further infarction while waiting for a CCT transfer to a STEMI center upon recognition in the ED, or even death. Furthermore, we are not even taught how we can "easily" diagnose an AMI in the face of these findings! Most of us were taught that Lead aVR, for example, is just used to confirm lead placement. The deadly truth, however, is that it actually helps predict one of the most fatal conditions we have ALL probably seen in the field, but never saw on the 12 lead based on current knowledge. This condition will ONLY benefit from immediate Cath Lab intervention, and does not respond to any field treatments what so ever! Additionally, most 12 lead interpreters do not realize that many other non-cardiac conditions, such as pulmonary embolism, tension pneumothorax, increasing intracranial pressure, and even internal bleeding, can be definitively diagnosed using advanced interpretation techniques!

Many of you who were my prior paramedic students, have received 12 lead training above the "basic" level in past classes. However, I want to invite all of you back to fill in the gaps from the "basic" advanced level training you received, to get you to the "advanced" advanced level... I was only able to give you as much as you could handle during didactic (which still felt like an overdose I'm sure), and desperately want to help you accelerate to the big times so we can start showing the system what high level paramedicine is all about! Much of the information you were given was only partial and deserves to be completed for your sakes and for your patients. (and yes, I'd also love to see you guys/gals again).

To all of you, practicing medics and students alike, I am committed to excellence in instruction and to simplifying difficult information. In that spirit, I have created Advanced Diagnostic Interpretation Field Guides that can be taken to every call in your clip boards, and used as reference material to correctly diagnose even before the criterion are memorized. Also, I will provide you with the citations for the scholarly journal articles that directly support my methods, so that you can have the courage and support you need to prove yourself to be acting in the best interest of your patients.

Let's band together and strengthen our resolve as a team. Change is good, especially when it results directly in lives saved and quality of life preserved. Please put the word out on the streets that a new movement in 12 Lead Interpretation has begun with us, the few conscientious paramedics who choose to ride the cutting edge of medical knowledge and set ourselves apart from the status quo for the sake of the strangers who put their lives in our hands. I am working hard to change the requirements for 12 lead instruction at the school level, as well as the county accreditation level for practicing paramedics. It's the future, so let's go!

Course Information:
Course date and hours: Sunday, Jan. 16th 0900-1800
Tuition: $40 for the 8 hour course (Note: If you bring a friend whom I did not invite, your tuition drops to $35 each!)
Pre-register through PayPal to reserve your seat by clicking the following link, or you may elect to pay by cash at the door:

Note: I will probably be able to offer CE's by the start of this course!
Please RSVP soon with your interest in the course by replying to this email with "ATTENDING" in the subject bar. In the body of the email, please state the following information:
1) Full name
2) Contact information
3) Employer
4) Payment type: PayPal or Cash at the door.