Acute onset of unexplained hypothermia (non-environmental)

RedBlanketRunner

Opheophagus Hannah Cuddler

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
The hypothalamus controls body temp, so the problem might be there. But she should really see a doctor.

Yes. Definitely. Get a MRI. Check the brain. This sounds mechanical.

RedBlanketRunner

Yes. Definitely. Get a MRI. Check the brain. This sounds mechanical.
And if possible, post the findings? As a neurologically caused hypothermia sufferer I'm keen on learning more about this.

OP
OP
Peter Poggi

Peter Poggi

Forum Ride Along
And if possible, post the findings? As a neurologically caused hypothermia sufferer I'm keen on learning more about this.
Ok here are the test results:
EEG: completely normal,
Brain MRI: Completely normal,
TCD (Transcranial Doppler, intracranial arteries, emboli detection, vasoreactivity, and a carotid duplex scan (whatever that is), also completely normal
So, great news, but no smoking gun. They are concluding that it is a vaso-vagal response.

RedBlanketRunner

TCD (Transcranial Doppler, intracranial arteries, emboli detection, vasoreactivity, and a carotid duplex scan (whatever that is), also completely normal
So, great news, but no smoking gun. They are concluding that it is a vaso-vagal response.
Those are the exact results I got. And so here I sit, disabled, non specific nerve damage, wracked with constant muscle spasms and there isn't a thing wrong with me -except the bone test: lead presence, significant. Modern medicine still has a way to go, especially when it comes to nerves.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief

Thanks for following up with the results. Glad that the scary things that could cause this have been mostly ruled out.