ACLS Provider Card Courses

gtmemt

Forum Probie
My questions is this. Is the AHA ACLS Provider Card Course the only one accepted? Because I do know that AHA requires you to pass a skill evaluation as well as an exam. However, I have seen other courses online that do not require you to take a skills station, Using the latest AHA standards and still mail you a Provider card valid for 2 years. So is AHA the only accepted provider card or are the online courses that hold just as much weight as AHA?

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
The AHA card is the only one ive ever heard of being accepted. Doesnt mean that in a far off land you couldnt have a different cert though.

Just that every county in the Northern VA area requires AHA certification.

I dont think too many agencies would be willing to accept a cert that you got online, without completing any practical exams/evals.

EMSrush

Forum Captain
Totally depends on your agency. Make sure you touch base and verify that they will accept an ACLS card other than AHA before you spend money on an online certification.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
My questions is this. Is the AHA ACLS Provider Card Course the only one accepted? Because I do know that AHA requires you to pass a skill evaluation as well as an exam. However, I have seen other courses online that do not require you to take a skills station, Using the latest AHA standards and still mail you a Provider card valid for 2 years. So is AHA the only accepted provider card or are the online courses that hold just as much weight as AHA?

ASHI is the only other course (ACLS and PALS) offering I am aware of that is now widely accepted. Many more agencies are now seeing this curiculum as acceptable since both NREMT and the CECBEMS accept it.

These online moneymaking scam sites online seek to prey on unsuspecting consumers who fail to understand the concept of the "how and why" of ACLS. First off, it is NOT a certification in any way shape, form, or fashion. There's scam alert #1. Second off, any course that provides only a didactic portion without any skills practice or evaluation of said skills knowledge is a complete waste of time and money. Any Paramedic out there with an ounce of integrity would know the value of getting this training with at least a minimal level of quality (at least I'd hope so!), especially since even the AHA has diluted and dumbed down the course to an embarrasing level for the true professionals.

What these scammers online offer, you can easily google for yourself for FREE. All you pay for is a card that is as worthless as the paper it is printed on.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
Just because some website says they follow AHA ECC guidelines by no means makes it an acceptable course, they are scam that give themselves some fancy name and create some sort of card to get people to give them money even though no employer will accept cards from them as valid training, if you want ACLS, take a regular AHA ACLS course, it is accepted everywhere, there are others some might accept, but its hit or miss depending on the area where as I am yet to hear of a place that will not accept the AHA ACLS since they set the guidelines that everyone else including ASHI follows.

RealMedic

Forum Probie
ACLS provider card

The standard for EMS with regards to ACLS/PALS etc. has been the AHA courses. While other online courses may be or may not follow AHA guidelines, it is the AHA courses that are mostly accepted in the EMS world.
Just remember, the AHA courses DO NOT credential you & they certainly don't certify you. They are good courses that are SUCCESFULL COMPLETION of the course standards. Also, they have a Recommended renewal date, not an expiration date. All these EMS courses are good but I like to call them EMS cashectomy courses. The removal of money from your EMS pocket!
Try to get with a service that provides them at no cost. The more you learn, the more you realize you dont know mate!
Be safe.