AAS in Paramedicine to BS

Glorified

Forum Lieutenant
How hard would it be to get a Bachelors degree in Biology or similar after getting an AAS in Paramedicine which is fairly heavy in biology type stuff? The CC I go to has an agreement with the local university to transfer all credits for students with an AA degree but I wonder how hard it would be or how long it would take to get a bachelors after getting the associate degree. This is really just for personal satisfaction of having a Baccalaureate degree.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
That depends on the sciences you are taking now. The higher science classes will have prerequisites. If your sciences are strong, then you're halfway there.

Biology is a great degree to get a Bachelors in. It will give you a foundation for almost any healthcare or science direction you desire not to mention research opportunities.

The Bachelors degree is now only the entry level to many allied health professions. You will be many steps closer than most.

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
yes, yes, and yes. This is what college internet sites and counselors are for. Normally, at least in my state, AAS degrees require you to complete a lot if not all of the general ed requirements to progress to BA/BS. I think it's great you're thinking about a 4 year college degree.

Alexakat

Forum Lieutenant
How hard would it be to get a Bachelors degree in Biology or similar after getting an AAS in Paramedicine which is fairly heavy in biology type stuff? The CC I go to has an agreement with the local university to transfer all credits for students with an AA degree but I wonder how hard it would be or how long it would take to get a bachelors after getting the associate degree. This is really just for personal satisfaction of having a Baccalaureate degree.

It shouldn't be hard at all...you will be ahead of the game if you pursue the AAS (because they will also require that you complete general education requirements, ie. non-EMS related) as opposed to just taking the medic courses.

Go for it if you can! How long it takes, of course, depends on how many credit hours you take per semester.

My bachelor's degree has opened many, many doors for me (although my BA isn't in an EMS-related field)! Education is always a good idea!

OP
OP
G

Glorified

Forum Lieutenant
So hopefully a little less than 2 years you think?