A few EMT classes I am looking into. Help!

Cody1911

Forum Crew Member
Hey everybody!

I have an EMT class starting in September that would last about 4 months. I believe it would be 2 times a week for 4 months. Maybe 3 times a week.

I did some research and there's one starting closer that is not at a college. It's actually through a hospital. The only thing I read up on it and it said the duration is 4 weeks. It's everyday for about 8 hours Mon-Fri. This starts in June.

I am just curious as to which would be the best for me... Is the one at the hospital too quick? Would it be too fast to retain the information? I thought it was pretty quick for a full blow EMT course... 4 weeks. But I wanted to ask you guys because that may be normal.

It is indeed a full blown EMT course like the one in September but the times are just way different. Do you recommend the class that lasts 4 months? Or the class that would be super fast (really great program from what I have heard) that would be 4 weeks? It just seems super fast to learn everything and I suppose you would just have to study every night since we would be blasting through chapters really fast.

Just wanted to see what you all think!
Hope you are all well.
-Cody

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
If you're committed to the subject, 4 weeks isn't too quick for an EMT-B course. The information truly isn't difficult, and I found I learned far more in the field after school.

OP
OP
C

Cody1911

Forum Crew Member
Thanks a bunch a Chaz. I have the book already and I have already gotten through most of the anatomy and physiology. I am just going to keep on reading so I should be ahead of the game too. It starts in June and I figure since I have the book early why not just start reading now to get familiar with it.

I also know what you mean about learning more in the field. I have had many people tell me most of the stuff you learn in EMT school you don't even apply in the field? I am familiar with how the Fire Dept runs medical calls, but I am hoping to get on for an ambulance in the long run. I don't like fire that much...