A couple questions wanting feedback

trauma1534

Forum Captain
I would like to get some of your opinions of best possible answere's to these questions. I have the EMT instructor test to take on Thursday, and just want different ideas.

1. Why would EMS not withhold 02 from a COPD patient?

2. Why is it not important at the Basic level for them to know all the complex muscular skeletal injuries?

3. Explain the steps in applying and using an AED

Let's see what you come up with...

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I would like to get some of your opinions of best possible answere's to these questions. I have the EMT instructor test to take on Thursday, and just want different ideas.

Because if the patient is in respiratory distress they need O2 period. Secondly things like Nitrogen washout take about 24 hours. The other main worry has to do with newborns and retinopathy......COPDers don't have to worry about that.

2. Why is it not important at the Basic level for them to know all the complex muscular skeletal injuries?
They all get treated the same in the emergency setting.

Turn it on and follow the instructions prompted by the AED.

Let's see what you come up with...

Because if the patient is in respiratory distress they need O2 period. Secondly things like Nitrogen washout take about 24 hours. The other main worry has to do with newborns and retinopathy......COPDers don't have to worry about that.

They all get treated the same in the emergency setting.

Turn it on and follow the instructions prompted by the AED.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
These are my personal answers and unfortuantely would not probably help your testing

1. Why would EMS not withhold 02 from a COPD patient? Because we fail to educate EMT's to treat accordingly not appropriately. Therefore, we blanket treat all patients. Oxygen is not needed in all patients, but is much safer to treat all instead of treating appropriately.

2. Why is it not important at the Basic level for them to know all the complex muscular skeletal injuries? Same as above, we have lowered our expectations and education level of EMS personnel, that we do not expect to know even basic muscle injuries... heck even in first aid we treat differential. So again, instead of treating appropriately we treat with a "blanket treatment" regimen.

3. Explain the steps in applying and using an AED. Follow current AHA/ ECC guidelines ...

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
You are cheating.

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
These are my personal answers and unfortuantely would not probably help your testing

1. Why would EMS not withhold 02 from a COPD patient? Because we fail to educate EMT's to treat accordingly not appropriately. Therefore, we blanket treat all patients. Oxygen is not needed in all patients, but is much safer to treat all instead of treating appropriately.

2. Why is it not important at the Basic level for them to know all the complex muscular skeletal injuries? Same as above, we have lowered our expectations and education level of EMS personnel, that we do not expect to know even basic muscle injuries... heck even in first aid we treat differential. So again, instead of treating appropriately we treat with a "blanket treatment" regimen.

3. Explain the steps in applying and using an AED. Follow current AHA/ ECC guidelines ...

classic...i love it.

jeepmedic

Forum Captain

So this is how you would instruct new EMT-B's in answers to these questions?

Very good.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
If you read the post thoroughly, you would had read that it stated the questions was for EMT Instructor. As an EMS instructor trainer, I would at least know the person had a broader prospect of EMS and the educational theories instead following the flock and acceptance of status quo.

R/r 911

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
These Questions are for a Instructor test. To see how you would teach new EMT-B's in these areas. Not to teach Instructors.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief

re; acute distress with only C-scope & O2 bottle?

even the dean of a medical college is going to be reduced to simply administering the O's lacking patient records, detailed assessments, or other pertinent history on a 5 minute puha scene

because even the dean of a medical college lacks X-ray eyes....

AHA & ARC shareholders decide at gala 1/4ly reviews if their P/E ratio's dicate new cric/book/cert revenue. Because of the incesant changes, this now requires the dean of a medical college to apply

~S~