A Burning and Yurning...

BrandoEMT

Forum Crew Member
I have a burning and a yurning for a used cot mount and possibly used cot...anyone know of a place where I could find this? I would prefer cheap, as most would. Oh and I've already heard the liability speech so please no more...

Brando

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Since you have already heard the liability speech, then you know why you are having difficulties finding such.... only an idiot ( I am sure there are plenty out there) would sell such... or purchase one.

R/r 911

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Why?

Are you making your POV transport capable? Do you want to use an old cot for moving some other equipment?

It is kind of an odd thing to want.

OP
OP
B

BrandoEMT

Forum Crew Member
My vollie service is looking to construct an events cart and put a cot on it or if we can find one a folding stretcher with adjustable back... Personally I think the whole reasoning of liability is stretching it too far and it's mostly CYA...but oh well...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Honestly... what about just a backboard mount? More practical, and if you have someone who dosen't need to lie down, put them on a seat.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Ever heard of a road cot.. or auxiliary cot. Some can elevate the head.
Just remember stretchers is the number one law suit in EMS. Why do you think cost so much... half of the price is for malpractice insurance on the company.

We have about 15 Ferno stretchers stacked on top of each other that schools and volunteers would die for but do to liability the Board and Administration will not give them away unless they have them fixed and sign a waiver, chances are the administrator will have them destroyed to prevent any chance of litigation.

R/r911

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Ever heard of a road cot.. or auxiliary cot. Some can elevate the head.
Just remember stretchers is the number one law suit in EMS. Why do you think cost so much... half of the price is for malpractice insurance on the company.

We have about 15 Ferno stretchers stacked on top of each other that schools and volunteers would die for but do to liability the Board and Administration will not give them away unless they have them fixed and sign a waiver, chances are the administrator will have them destroyed to prevent any chance of litigation.

R/r911

A recent seminar I went to on expert witness stated ambulance crashes was the "New #1 Lawsuit" for EMS agancies and Airway was the #1 reason medics themselves were sued. Have you heard any of this yet?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I am surprised by that ... compare the number of drops, injuries to medics, pinches, scratches in homes... etc..that occurs daily.. figure the amount as well that is settled out of court. I know of a $ 2million dollar law suit that was settled because the head portion fell backwards, when it did not lock. One million to the wife for "emotional anguish".. because her husband was unable to "perform husband duty" because of the back pain...

R/r 911

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I am surprised by that ... compare the number of drops, injuries to medics, pinches, scratches in homes... etc..that occurs daily.. figure the amount as well that is settled out of court. I know of a $ 2million dollar law suit that was settled because the head portion fell backwards, when it did not lock. One million to the wife for "emotional anguish".. because her husband was unable to "perform husband duty" because of the back pain...

R/r 911

And people wonder why our healthcare insurance keeps going up..........

Yeah, I was surprised also. It was a guy that goes around and talks about EMS liability. He didn't present me with any stats, but gave particular cases and monies paid out. I'll dig up his name for you.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
how about a camping cot. You can get those in the camping section of a sport store or Walmart. They fold up pretty nicely.