7 Residents, 1 Nurse dead in Nursing Home Shooting

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090329/ap_on_re_us/nursing_home_shooting

By TOM FOREMAN Jr. and KEVIN MAURER, Associated Press Writers Tom Foreman Jr. And Kevin Maurer, Associated Press Writers – Sun Mar 29, 7:42 pm ET
CARTHAGE, N.C. – A lone gunman burst into a North Carolina nursing home Sunday morning and started "shooting everything," barging into the rooms of terrified patients, sparing some from his rampage without explanation while killing seven residents and a nurse caring for them.
Authorities said Robert Stewart also wounded three others, including the Carthage police officer who confronted him in a hallway of Pinelake Health and Rehab and stopped the brutal attack.

reaper

Working Bum
This is a very sad day for all involved. Hope the wounded recover Ok.

Worst part is the fact that the officer did not kill the man. Now he will get off easy, when he pleads insanity!

Sasha

Forum Chief
Details Emerge In Nursing Home Attack
Full Article Here.
Investigators are looking into whether a gunman accused of killing eight people in a North Carolina nursing home may have targeted the facility because his estranged wife worked there, police said Monday.

Carthage Police Chief Chris McKenzie said the woman, who he did not name, worked at the nursing home. He said he believed that the couple were recently separated but that he did not have any other details. He was not sure if the woman was at the nursing home at the time of the shootings.

I'm sorry to sound cold, but that is a terrible reason to go on a shooting rampage. You have a problem with someone? Take it up with them, not where they might be! How sad.

emtfarva

Forum Captain
this guy sounds like the stanta that killed his ex-wife's family. My thoughts go out to the family of the ones that passed. We live in a cruel world and it sucks. :glare:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
There are just some days I do not understand how cruel human nature can be........ :unsure:
My thoughts and prayers for the family and friends that have lost so much...... -_-