1st Ride along

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
mofiremedic said:
...and a pretty decent GI bleed (that one sucked)...
I thought only chest wounds sucked. :D

OP
OP
A

Airamis

Forum Ride Along
I was at my final ER clinical today and met a girl from Malcolm X College. She was there for her one and only required clinical. And she had no requirements to do anything while she was there. It doesnt bother me that I do more work then them for the same end result. It bothers me that there are new people running around that don't even see the inside of an ambulance til the day they are hired. Is there any other profession out there that can get hired for a job having not seen or used the tools and equipment required to do that job?

Id hate to need an ambulance and have the noobie show up at my house and start freaking out because they had never been in that situation before, just read about it in a book.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Airamis said:
...Is there any other profession out there that can get hired for a job having not seen or used the tools and equipment required to do that job?
1. Fast food workers

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
just take a deep breath. before you know it you'll be having the time of your life. and if you proceed to the paramedic program you will have more fun than you thought possible. as a medic student i have intubated probably 10 times, started 10,000 IVs, worked more codes than i could have ever imagined.... oh lord where does it end?

remember... get involved and there is NO STUPID question.