the 100% directionless thread

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I hate the dmv with a Passion that cannot be explained

Let me essplain.....no, there is too much.....let me sum up.

The DMV is a stronghold of government bureaucracy and as such is the very picture of inefficiency. That is why I hate it.

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Almost ten hours into the day and no new posts in this thread... is everyone all right!?

For things learned through the EMT class, this profession started out as an extension of activities happening on the battlefield.

"Trying to pray to my God here."
"Do you think He's listening?"
"I hope not, otherwise He'd know about those pills I nicked last night."

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Almost ten hours into the day and no new posts in this thread... is everyone all right!?

For things learned through the EMT class, this profession started out as an extension of activities happening on the battlefield.

"Trying to pray to my God here."
"Do you think He's listening?"
"I hope not, otherwise He'd know about those pills I nicked last night."

I'm at the garage waiting to get my wheels rebalanced since my run in with the guard rail in the ice storm the other night.

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Nope. We're all dead. Figuratively of course. :p

That sounds like some kind of reverse psychology that an zombie would use to try and trick me that the zombie apocalypse isn't going on.

I'm at the garage waiting to get my wheels rebalanced since my run in with the guard rail in the ice storm the other night.

Bummer on the accident. I went into the ditch last month in a snow storm, couldn't see twenty feet in front of me half the time, middle of the night. Took me a few days to start driving at highway speeds again. Made me take my time and think, "Okay, do I really need to be going this fast," even if I was under the speed limit on clear roads.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
80* and sunny, perfect surfing weather...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Really NOT a happy camper right now.

Were changing ePCRs at work to the Zoll style, so ALL Paramedics (not EMTs or Is) are mandated for a 2 day orientation with the program. We work 24/48s

Yup, that means were doing a 24 hour shift, leave work to do an 8hr boring as hell shift, go home at 5, come back the next day for another 8hr day, then we do another 24. That's 64hrs work in 92hrs.

Here's the kicker: I live 3hours away from the current station they have me at AND the location were doing the upgrade at (my normal station is only an hour 40). That's 18 more hours of driving.

Like I said....not a happy person right now

Last edited by a moderator:

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
will they let you sleep at the station durring those days? if not a hotel may be cheaper/more convenient.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Yes , I'm more then welcome to stay at the station, and the company is paying mileage for making me drive this far, but that still doesn't make me happy.

Plus my brother is out of town and I have to take care of my puppy dog.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Done with first day of class... my hatred for FISDAP has been renewed in full force. And time to go read and fill out more paperwork that they already have from me, but need another copy of

EDIT: But on the plus side, there's someone in class, a cute girl no less, who lives in my county. Maybe a car pool/study buddy? And did I mention she's really cute? :p

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Yes , I'm more then welcome to stay at the station, and the company is paying mileage for making me drive this far, but that still doesn't make me happy.

Plus my brother is out of town and I have to take care of my puppy dog.
But think of the OT...

Sassafras

Forum Captain
That's brutal Linuss. I thought my scheduling problems between two jobs was bad. You have my sympathy.

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Whaaaat? :unsure:

I sure hope it isn't! My .30-06 is at my friends house right now.:p

I don't know firearms, so what would be the effective maximum range be where sufficient cranial penetration to destroy enough brain matter to render the target as disabled? I'd be worried about a blood borne infection if I were too close to the zombie after discharging the firearm.

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
working a 12 tonight... 1900-0700... should be fun haha

MediMike

Forum Lieutenant
Done with first day of class... my hatred for FISDAP has been renewed in full force. And time to go read and fill out more paperwork that they already have from me, but need another copy of

EDIT: But on the plus side, there's someone in class, a cute girl no less, who lives in my county. Maybe a car pool/study buddy? And did I mention she's really cute? :p

I don't care how cute the girl is, nothing makes up for the incessant monotonous hell that is FISDAP. I feel your pain man, I remember it well.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't know firearms, so what would be the effective maximum range be where sufficient cranial penetration to destroy enough brain matter to render the target as disabled? I'd be worried about a blood borne infection if I were too close to the zombie after discharging the firearm.

Depends on the round, the rifle, the shooter and atmospheric conditions, but the generally cited max effective range for a .30-06 is 800 meters. That is over 2,600 feet. A dead on shooter can hit torso sized targets at 1200 meters however. (4,000 feet) So I don't think you need to worry about blood-borne nasties, assuming you can shoot well.

Now if you really want to reach out and touch something/one, get a .50BMG (2000 meters, 6,500 feet) or a .408 Chey Tac (2,300 meters, 7,500 feet) B)

Now if you want heavy hitting without range coming out your ears....the .577 T-Rex has 10,000 plus foot pounds of muzzle energy. (Ie, shoot him in the leg and cause brain damage. Not really, but it sounds good.)

Remember of course that none of these are readily available.

Why the heck am I engaging in a zombie discussion!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Finished another Vince Flynn novel today. Starting another one tonight. w00t!