the 100% directionless thread

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
I had my first field delivery today :) Still floating on cloud 9 it feels like. Delivered in the back of the bus with no problems. And right after that we had a fall call where the guy managed to sheer off the lower ball of his femur right above the kneecap. X-rays looked awesome

I had my first field delivery a couple of months ago. It was her 5th child so she was telling me what to do. It was a very cool experience!!!

WVEmt

Forum Crew Member
havent been around much. finally went back to work after the ambulance wreck. they put me on a 7 on 7 off schedule and ive been picking up shifts during my off week to make up for lost money. hope everyones wellB)

AustinNative

Forum Crew Member
I have two days until EMT school starts, and I am freaking out. I am super excited, and also fearful, and a tad depressed (I always get this right before major life changes).

Who needs drugs, when your body provides such interesting chemicals?

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
How many of you actually have a circadian rhythm anymore?

Got off a 48 at 0700 today, slept until around abouts 2000. Can't decide if I should try to sleep tonight or just stay up until my 1000-2100 tomorrow

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
You can keep that kind of run, I have no desire for it. :ph34r:

I agree. Personally, I have no desire to change the census in the back of my ambulance...either way it goes, there's too much to clean up afterwards.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
How many of you actually have a circadian rhythm anymore?

Got off a 48 at 0700 today, slept until around abouts 2000. Can't decide if I should try to sleep tonight or just stay up until my 1000-2100 tomorrow

No circadian rhythm here.

When in doubt, I always sleep.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
When in doubt, I always sleep.

I'm trying. I was up at 0500 Saturday morning to get to work. Went to bed at 0200 Sunday morning. Got up at 0530 Sunday morning. I then proceeded to get just less than an hour of sleep in between calls from 0200 till 0249, 9 minutes of sleep from 0542 till 0551, then got about 15 minutes sometime around noon. I got off shift at 1800 tonite (monday) and went right into helping teach a basic class. I just got home at 2210, fell into bed shortly thereafter, and am now laying here, wide awake. Lucky me.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I'm trying. I was up at 0500 Saturday morning to get to work. Went to bed at 0200 Sunday morning. Got up at 0530 Sunday morning. I then proceeded to get just less than an hour of sleep in between calls from 0200 till 0249, 9 minutes of sleep from 0542 till 0551, then got about 15 minutes sometime around noon. I got off shift at 1800 tonite (monday) and went right into helping teach a basic class. I just got home at 2210, fell into bed shortly thereafter, and am now laying here, wide awake. Lucky me.

When I can't sleep, I meditate. It isn't quite as good, but it's more restful than lying awake.

I should probably be following my own advice right now.

adamjh3

When I can't sleep, I meditate. It isn't quite as good, but it's more restful than lying awake.

I should probably be following my own advice right now.

To you, is meditation a solitary practice or is it part of a larger practice/belief system/religion?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Kindle 3 in black. :)

I got the one with the 3G, so I'm not stuck with the same books on deployments. :)

That's one thing I love about the Kindle, on the fly book buying :)

adamjh3

That's one thing I love about the Kindle, on the fly book buying :)

I've been regretting getting a nook since my buddy got his Kindle. Lighter, better, faster...

Sassafras

Forum Captain
Well, if I wasn't nervous about driving the Ambo in the winter, I am now. Coming home from my civilian job hit ice and couldn't get her back in control. Avoided the embankment but spun across highway into median instead. Lots of grass and snow to pad my fall.

piranah

Forum Captain
Wow... Did I just learn something new..or loose a lot of brain cells...I'll leave that for you to decide...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've been regretting getting a nook since my buddy got his Kindle. Lighter, better, faster...

I have a Nook color and a Kindle... And tend to use them for completely different things. NC is rooted to run standard Android, so it gets used as a tablet when I'm around wifi, Kindle has the longest battery life so I tend to just toss it in a pocket or my jacket or pants when going somewhere I know I'll be sitting for a while doing nothing (fire standby for instance)

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief

I was on the edge about getting a nook, simply because there are more titles available for it. But, I found out how slow it was, and decided if I really wanted a book that Amazon didn't have, I could find it elsewhere on the internet.

adamjh3

I was on the edge about getting a nook, simply because there are more titles available for it. But, I found out how slow it was, and decided if I really wanted a book that Amazon didn't have, I could find it elsewhere on the internet.

Yup, check out a program called Calibre, it's a freeware program that'll convert any e-book to the format your reader use.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
I hate the dmv with a Passion that cannot be explained

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
3 hours to get a driving record. gotta love those cush government jobs.