the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Hmmm. sounds like a good one. I think it's better to push if you feel nothing then it is to hem and haw for a while, "Hey, I don't feel a pulse, do you feel a pulse? Hey Bill, did you feel a pulse?"

Angel

Paramedic
Haha, true. I just felt even more bad because in addition to everything else she has cracked ribs....:/
I guess it's better than being dead though. Not gonna lie I thought this would be a basic call. We almost let fire go...which would've sucked for me.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Normally awake people don't take an OPA without at least a little complaint and/or heated discussion.
I think you did fine...

Curious about opiates on board? Vagal tone? Perhaps your banging on her ribs was enough to get her awake enough to breathe and perfuse again? What was on the monitor before the compressions? Just slow brady? Did she wake right back up and spit the OPA out?
You have patients who will accept an OPA after a heated discussion with them? You must very skilled haha

Anjel

Forum Angel
We have versed and lidocaine spray lol

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Anybody ever tried heroin through a MAD?

Anjel

Forum Angel
Uh what's a MAD

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Uh what's a MAD

Snout sprayer.

For the record, every time I used a MAD, I would make a point to say something like, "I put some narcan up his snout..." on the radio. Saying "Snout" when making a med patch always made me chortle.

I know. I'm a child.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Snout sprayer.

Ha oh ok. We have those.

We don't have RSI, so doctors will give crews orders to snow someone and use the spray for the gag reflex. Very shady. And most crews don't do it.

Anjel

Forum Angel

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
What specialty did you choose to work in?
Ortho. When looking for a PA job I was told I can choose 2/3: specialty, pay, location. I chose pay and location while I wait out my dream job in acute care either inpatient cardiology or critical care, or a sweet EM gig but that's not likely in my area. But this gig sounds good, OR 2 days, clinic w/ procedures 3 days. Call responsibility is a work in progress as my doc has never had a PA before and doesn't know how to use me effectively. His sub specialty lends to mostly outpatient procedures so very limited rounding responsibilities. I'm pretty psyched.