the 100% directionless thread

SunshineCamo

Forum Lieutenant
I hate the FL DOH. Taking the state exam for my medic has been an awful experience. It's frustrating the hell out of me.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I hate the FL DOH. Taking the state exam for my medic has been an awful experience. It's frustrating the hell out of me.
Im still waiting for clearance to take mine. Been almost 90 days with no file review

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Forest Service has seasonal apps open for helitack... I think yes.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Whoever had this truck before me is single handedly responsible for the national saline shortage.

Hoarders: EMS edition

20eb983178bc80aea9f60080081f88a5.jpg

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Babies were born today.

Anjel

Forum Angel
9cd4798684c121e5cc7d15b44f64c3dd.jpg

Most unhealthy 14 year old I've seen in a while

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Anjel

Forum Angel
What's wrong with their EKG?

Pericarditis.

She is 250#, IDDM, been having chest pain for 3 weeks. Her mom just now "believed" her.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
That sucks. The EKG doesn't really strike me as pericarditis. It looks more like benign early repolarization to me.

Anjel

Forum Angel
well i suck at reading ekgs then....pericarditis how?

Diffuse elevation. Mainly in the precordials.

I would agree with the repolarization, but coupled with her signs and symptoms and other clinical findings.

We took her to the speciality Children's hospital to see a cardiologist.

Edit: this was an IFT by the way

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I liked the repost of the story about Fort Collins Colorado putting bike racks on the ambulance. I did not like the comments. Instead of real exercise, I like to get in internet fights to get my pulse up.
I just like to see PVH EMS getting some visibility. They do some really great work and I learned a lot there. They've had bike racks on the field supervisor ambulance for a long time, but I'm sure it got pretty tiresome to have the supe come out to transport every single bike from accidents (seriously, all the time in FoCo).

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Mix a Sandy dirt road with whoops and that makes for a very bumpy ride in the ambulance. I didn't want to slow down at all since our units are only 2 wheel drive

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I just like to see PVH EMS getting some visibility. They do some really great work and I learned a lot there. They've had bike racks on the field supervisor ambulance for a long time, but I'm sure it got pretty tiresome to have the supe come out to transport every single bike from accidents (seriously, all the time in FoCo).
I think it's awesome! I finally made it to Tour de Fat last year, it was amazing!

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Mix a Sandy dirt road with whoops and that makes for a very bumpy ride in the ambulance. I didn't want to slow down at all since our units are only 2 wheel drive

Hmmmm desert center? or somewhere out near DHS? Im leaning towards Desert Center

PeacefulIce

Forum Probie
What temperature should bath/shower water be?

Just curious as to opinions on hot/warm/cold.

I was told tonight that I boil myself like a lobster!