the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
LOL I didn't get a chance to look...I don't doubt someone out there had at least a "jump kit" in their vehicle. Someone did refer to their car as a POV, and someone was already talking about how they had an "in" at some fire department and how him getting his class A CDL was a surefire way to get a fire job.

Of course all these people then promptly screwed up basic CPR after many assured us they had taken it recently.

So far par for the course.

Yep. I don't get to see the classes until the 3rd week of class (when they start skills).

I will see 1 class this weekend for their weekend CPR class.

A couple of the students wore their fire 100 and 101 shirts to class (yes the fire classes for the school require you to buy a shirt).

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I heard the smoke is getting bad back home.

It's so bad. They're rating the air quality at "Unhealthy". Just upped it from "Unhealthy for select groups".

Visibility is ~1 mile...if that.

My question is at what point do they do something for us as far as masks or something. I've been eating Claritin and Zyrtec like they're going outta style as well as clear eyes to just stay somewhat coherent and able to breathe.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It's so bad. They're rating the air quality at "Unhealthy". Just upped it from "Unhealthy for select groups".

Visibility is ~1 mile...if that.

My question is at what point do they do something for us as far as masks or something. I've been eating Claritin and Zyrtec like they're going outta style as well as clear eyes to just stay somewhat coherent and able to breathe.

When we had all the fires in my area we were told to wear N95 or P100 masks at all times. The company provides us with plenty of them.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
When we had all the fires in my area we were told to wear N95 or P100 masks at all times. The company provides us with plenty of them.

I was thinking about that tomorrow. Just anytime I'm outside the rig.

In the rig it'd interfere with my spitting ;)

JPINFV

Gadfly
So.. apparently cops don't like it when you turn down the street before their papers [comrade... papers please] checkpoint. I think they're even more upset when you drive for a couple blocks before hitting the freeway without giving them a reason to pull you over, but I guess we'll never know.

On the other hand, if I ever get asked the ambiguous "have you been drinking tonight" I'm going to say yes, and ask the officer the same question. When he says no, I'll give a lecture on the importance of water and hydration.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So.. apparently cops don't like it when you turn down the street before their papers [comrade... papers please] checkpoint. I think they're even more upset when you drive for a couple blocks before hitting the freeway without giving them a reason to pull you over, but I guess we'll never know.

On the other hand, if I ever get asked the ambiguous "have you been drinking tonight" I'm going to say yes, and ask the officer the same question. When he says no, I'll give a lecture on the importance of water and hydration.

I know that's a common thing they do when a vehicle goes around the checkpoint.

I always like going through them in the ambulance. Look the officer dead in the eyes and say "we are both :censored::censored::censored::censored: faced" haha

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I drive a Toyota Tacoma. All of my "big truck driving" firefighter friends asked me if it came with a dental dam and Lilith Faire tickets. :/

One of "those people" laughed at me today when I showed up in my new Runabout- a 2005 Kia Spectra. I'm totally OK with 35mpg.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Flight medic friend asked me this morning when I was gonna get off my butt and finally apply for a flight job with them.

Hint taken.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Owned. I really hope that most of the people who post on those pages are not actually paramedics but I am probably wrong. I know people like to act tough on the internet but that is just ridiculous. Especially on facebook which shows your full name.

Well at least one of them is an expired medic talking a bunch of smack. This is why we can't have nice things kids...

Also, JPINV, strong work on owning that a-hole

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
So the second class I'm doing isn't off to the best start. It's recert class that starts on the SEP 14...and 5 or 6 students showed up and I started getting a bunch of phone calls wondering why I wasn't at class...I kindly pointed to the very obvious date listing for the class section listed in the college Fall schedule.

sigh...:huh:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
That was awesome, JP :rofl:

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Finally got a job :lol: Not an EMT job (or any healthcare for that matter) but money is more important right now. So, I get to install windshields all day :blush:
Ah well, it's decent enough money. $10/ hr plus $20 for every windshield sold/ installed. I feel like that'll end being more than an emt job anyways, so... haha
Edit: Also agreed with above few on JP's comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Finally got a job :lol: Not an EMT job (or any healthcare for that matter) but money is more important right now. So, I get to install windshields all day :blush:
Ah well, it's decent enough money. $10/ hr plus $20 for every windshield sold/ installed. I feel like that'll end being more than an emt job anyways, so... haha
Edit: Also agreed with above few on JP's comment.

Better than EMT basic pay in most places

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Better than EMT basic pay in most places
Figured that. I'd much prefer a basic position, but not a lot of people wanna hire that 18 year old :angry: haha and like I said the money is the important thing right now (bills suck). He said I could expect, if I'm decently fast, to average 75-7 on a busy day. Seems decent enough.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Figured that. I'd much prefer a basic position, but not a lot of people wanna hire that 18 year old :angry: haha and like I said the money is the important thing right now (bills suck). He said I could expect, if I'm decently fast, to average 75-7 on a busy day. Seems decent enough.

I'm thinking you meant 5-7, but if that isn't a typo and 75-7 means you're selling 70 or so windshields a day at a $20/per bonus, I'm going to get a part time job there. Like now.