STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Disregard :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Did you slam narcan? :p
Some fluids, some ativan, and a promise not to tell his wife.

My first patient today had flank/pelvic pain, and was adamant that she couldn't be pregnant. The positive HCG test meant two things.

1. Go directly to OB. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.
2. "Are you sexually active?" because "When was the last time you had sex?"

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
My first patient today had flank/pelvic pain, and was adamant that she couldn't be pregnant. The positive HCG test meant two things.

1. Go directly to OB. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.
2. "Are you sexually active?" because "When was the last time you had sex?"

I remember having one like this during paramedic school OB clinicals.

Pt showed up with abd pain that turned out to be contractions. She was full term with a pregnancy she didn't realize she had and Boyfriend/baby daddy was with her. And her last time having sex was 9 months prior.

JPINFV

Gadfly
To me this means there is a non-abuse application for meth.

I did hear someone claim they were using medicinal meth...

Well, there may not be any non-abuse applications, but someone who hasn't partaken in said meth hasn't had their first abuse experience.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, there may not be any non-abuse applications, but someone who hasn't partaken in said meth hasn't had their first abuse experience.

You out-technicality-ed me! :rofl:

I love this place. It's like people understand me :wub:

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I wonder what would happen if we slammed disulfiram (antabuse) into those medics.
That might be an unforgettable experience...:blink:

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief

Go Lynch, keep standing up against them! Those are some nasty letters. Apparently only fire medics are real medics with experience. OCPFA is ridiculous. Lol services like Kern, ICEMA, and even out of state should send letters to ocems, about how incorrect that IAFF letter is.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Go Lynch, keep standing up against them! Those are some nasty letters. Apparently only fire medics are real medics with experience. OCPFA is ridiculous. Lol services like Kern, ICEMA, and even out of state should send letters to ocems, about how incorrect that IAFF letter is.

Yeah I don't see that happening. Why cause drama when you can easily avoid it.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
82 yo F with 9/10 right lower quadrant abdominal pain and pelvic pain, changes to 10/10 on motion/palpation, rapidly became worse approximately 4 hours ago with no known injury. Patient reports low-grade pain slowly intensifying in area x1 week with increased difficulty urinating x 1 week, chills x2 days, no fever. Patient takes dilaudid for arthritis but skipped today to attend family function. Also has a hernia surgically repaired in area 6 months ago with permanent guarding, rigidity in both lower quadrants. Right flank tender to palpation. No swelling, distension, bruising or new hernia. BP 170/90, P90, RR24, SpO2 98%, GCS 15 AAOx4. May have appendix and gallbladder, no rebound tenderness. Transient dizziness, decreased fluid intake and loss of appetite x2 days. Denies nausea, other complaints. UTI hello!

I treated this pain with 125mcg fentanyl (54kgs body weight) with stellar results, plus 500mL NS. Hospital batted cleanup with dilaudid and got a pat on the back.

Also found out I had a good rep with REACT and Mercy Hospital.

Robb, nearly ran mine out of fentanyl today too. Long day with a lot of pain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
82 yo F with 9/10 right lower quadrant abdominal pain and pelvic pain, changes to 10/10 on motion/palpation, rapidly became worse approximately 4 hours ago with no known injury. Patient reports low-grade pain slowly intensifying in area x1 week with increased difficulty urinating x 1 week, chills x2 days, no fever. Patient takes dilaudid for arthritis but skipped today to attend family function. Also has a hernia surgically repaired in area 6 months ago with permanent guarding, rigidity in both lower quadrants. Right flank tender to palpation. No swelling, distension, bruising or new hernia. BP 170/90, P90, RR24, SpO2 98%, GCS 15 AAOx4. May have appendix and gallbladder, no rebound tenderness. Transient dizziness, decreased fluid intake and loss of appetite x2 days. Denies nausea, other complaints. UTI hello!

I treated this pain with 125mcg fentanyl (54kgs body weight) with stellar results, plus 500mL NS. Hospital batted cleanup with dilaudid and got a pat on the back.

Also found out I had a good rep with REACT and Mercy Hospital.

Robb, nearly ran mine out of fentanyl today too. Long day with a lot of pain.

It makes me happy that you were able to manage her pain when my hands would have been tied. Good work :beerchug:

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
it has honestly been forever sense I have been on here... Glad to be back for the short time again, life is going crazy up here in Idaho with all the fires!!!!! And right now sitting on shift with another Medic, and bored as hell.... at one point we were the only unit available in the County (about 45 minutes) and we still got nothing... O EMS Gods how I hate you right now....

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
How's y'all's day at work?

:p

aqesenyv.jpg