Medic Students!!!

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Schedule of medic school:

Saturday: Internship oral boards (making sure we aren't totally dangerous for internship)
Feb 5 - March 4: Internship
March 6/7- NREMT prep session with Jon Puryear
March 16/19- NREMT skills practice
March 24- NREMT skills testing
March 25- Graduation.

Still debating when I want to take the CBT, which I can do any time after the 7th.

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
Here's mine...

Feb 6/7 - ITLS Testing
April 24/25 - ACLS Testing
June 19/20 - PALS Testing
June 29th - Final exam
July 23rd - Graduation
July 30th - NREMT-P Skills Review
July 31st - NREMT-P Practical Exam

Then we have to schedule the NREMT-P written on our own time.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Jan 27 - ER Clinical
Feb 1 - ER Clinical
Feb 6 - ER Clinical

Sometime mid Feb - Oral Boards pre-ride time.

Late Feb to Late June/Early July - Ride time

Almost done.

StreetPharmacist

Forum Crew Member
180 hours logged on truck

162 hours logged at ED

26 12 hour shifts left for Feb until March 9 4 days a week

3 8 hours days a week of school till April 1 (Last DAY)

7 days school/clinicals till March 9! :wacko::wacko:

We have 5 final exams scheduled from March 15 till March 21

itls is feb 2-3

pals is feb 24-26

nr skills testing march 24

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

EMTchic

Forum Ride Along
Hi Everyone. I'm Stacy, I just started my Paramedic program in the beginning of this month, got a long road ahead of me, but I'm excited and looking forward to it.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Passed A&P with an 84%... Medic-Prep starts today. I really could have done better with A&P. But honestly, I understand things a lot better than I did before, and I feel that I've learned more from it then I have anywhere else... I'll just keep reviewing the book.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I have to wake up at 4am Friday for my first internship shift... I have 2 alarm clocks and my cell phone just to be sure.

Chances are I won't fall asleep till after midnight since I usually go to bed around 3am, but can't afford 1 hour of sleep in a 24hr shift.

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Welp.. tomorrow I have to be up at 4am for the official start of my internship.

I'll be back Saturday morning ^_^

41 Duck

Forum Lieutenant
Good luck!

Later!

--Coop

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
Pwned the ITLS practice tests last night. Time to go kick ITLS's tush on Sunday so I can start the real fun stuff... ACLS >=D

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
4 shifts in to the internship and finally got to start an IV on someone.

58yo F cc of seizure, stopped by the time we arrived. Started an IV in the rig for precaution so I could push Valium if she seized again, which she didn't.

She had a stroke 9 years ago and still had deficits from that, so during the exam it was throwing me off trying to differentiate between what was new and old, and whether or not it was an acute stroke that the family just mistook for a seizure.

ah2388

Forum Lieutenant
Exam on Toxicology/Respiratory/Cardiology(Review)/Endocrine/other stuff tomorrow

epic fail here we come

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Time sure flies... My Medic Program started in September and as of today, I'm currently at right around 200 IV starts and 7 tubes. I've performed a chemical cardioversion, ran a couple of codes, and nervously, my first RSI. It's been an amazing few months...and there's still so much to learn!

I've been riding with a great medic, and everyday I learn something new. Every damn day.

This was the best career change I could have made, and I appreciate all of the info I've gleaned from reading posts here.

Stay safe friends.

Hockey

Quackers
I'm still having trouble in med math. I know I'm looking to deep into it. Must be. When they say general concentration, what are they referring to? Its been a long day. We're past all that but I have just been strugling with it. Maybe its because I haven't used it "daily"?

Busy Paramedic packet works out alright. Is there anything else? Common calculations/conversions etc?

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
Quote of the Year: "Cardiology? We're in cardiology now? S***, time to wake up..."