Medic Students!!!

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
No, not at all.

You need to get a 78% minimum (80% on final) to pass a test. If you get below that, you have to take a re-take. The original score sticks.

If you fail the re-take, you're dropped from the class, even if it's the first test you've failed.

In our course, you have to maintain an eighty percent in all classes. If you score below an eighty on any quiz, test, or exam, you must retake that exam within five days. The grade earned on the retake, will not inflate the students average, the retake only serves to determine whether that student is capable of retaining academic knowledge. If the student fails to meet the minimum requirements on the retake, supposedly they are dismissed from the course.

We had one firefighter in our class score a 68 percent on the midterm, and a 96 percent, reportedly on the P1 midterm:ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Hmph... final is in a week and I haven't really studied at all for it since class got out.

But in all fairness, I never studied for any of my exams and I'm at the top of my class. Do I break tradition?!

Wednesday we're going over our old exams... should help a bit.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
First day of medic program today. 50 or so hours of A&P starts today. And I just found out today my school is accredited :]

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Screw this. I can't sleep. I don't know if it's pre-exam nerves or the fact that I usually don't go to bed for another 3 hours anyhow.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
This morning marks the first field shift of the new quarter. With luck I won't be a white cloud again. :)

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
89.8%!! Woot.

We had one guy fail though, with a 78% (minimum was 80%) so only 9 of us are going to internship.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
89.8%!! Woot.

We had one guy fail though, with a 78% (minimum was 80%) so only 9 of us are going to internship.

I thought you just said 78 was minimum?

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
IV play-by-play...

Case One: 35 year-old male in atrial fibrillation with rapid ventricular response.
20g missed right AC.
18g in left AC successful.

Case Two: 39 year-old female with chest pain, negative STEMI.
Got a flash in the left AC with a 20g, but then it blew.
Medic got the right AC.

Case Three: 76 year-old male with altered mental status of unclear etiology.
Got a flash in the left forearm with a 20g, but then it blew.
Medic could not establish access.

Case Four: 59 year-old male with chest pain, negative STEMI.
20g in right AC successful.

Case Five: 55 year-old male with respiratory distress.
22g in right hand successful.

Current standings: 3 out of 6 (50% success rate).

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
UPDATE

Case Six: 38 year-old male, seizures
20g in right forearm

Current Standings: 4 out of 7 (57% success rate)

At least now I can say I've gotten more than I've missed!

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Is it me or are PHTLS scenarios more, well, hectic than the average medical and trauma scenario?

gicts

Forum Lieutenant
Halfway through clinicals, then on to ride time <_< Why can't time go faster?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Gonna be looking into getting into another medic program after my move to CO in March. But I should be testing for I/85 in a few weeks, so that will help me a little.