Medic Students!!!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Waiting to hear back from a community college in Aurora CO about transferring the majority of my medic credits to them. I'm hoping for good news :D

dneal

Forum Ride Along
I love this advice, it might just work...thanks and remember to breath along the way!

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Good luck on your A&P test, I just finished Pharm and can I just say it wasn't easy...I am sure you will do fine.

Thanks!! I feel good about my A&P test. I've already started making my first round of drugs flashcards and I already want to pull my hair out. Lol.

Sieldan

Forum Crew Member
Feeling really down about my abilities as a potential medic. I've gone from straight A's in Basic and P1, to B's in P2, and now low C's high D's in P3. What am I going to do in P4? Stuff I thought I had down pat, I now have completely twisted up and fubar'd. I'm really worried about P4 this summer. Its a summer semester so its shorter than a normal semester. However, we have about a quarter more clinical hours to complete. On a good note, only 4 more clinicals to go this semester. So once thats done, I can concentrate on more studying.

Help?

ah2388

Forum Lieutenant
what are you struggling with...

if the skills, do extra clinicals, consult with your instructors/preceptors

if the books, study more

Its a commitment, not a hobby

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
96 on the A&P final. woop woop!!!!!

Sieldan

Forum Crew Member
what are you struggling with...

if the skills, do extra clinicals, consult with your instructors/preceptors

if the books, study more

Its a commitment, not a hobby

Its just the books. What gets me is I thought I 'got' the subject material. Just finished all of my required clinicals yesterday, so now I can concentrate more on the books. At our clinical sites, the preceptors would tell me to go do something, and then they would go on to something else. They had that much confidence in me.

Now that my clinicals are done, and spring break is here (next week for us), Im going to take a few days to just chill, and recuperate. Then, at the end of next week, the study marathon begins.

Just needed to vent somewhat. ;)

dneal

Forum Ride Along
I passed my ACLS mega code and written test....what a relief! Now the 436 hours of clinical's begin.:p Congrats amberdto3...hang in there Sieldan!

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I'm cleared to take the NREMT-P test... now just to schedule it at the VUE center.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm cleared to take the NREMT-P test... now just to schedule it at the VUE center.

Lord help us all. Lol. J/K. You'll rock it!!!

JoeSchmo

Forum Probie
Passed A&P with a 93%.
We are now into more background stuff with advanced practice.
Just had first lab on IV.
God help the first patient I have to stick. lol.

iamjeff171

Forum Crew Member
Passed A&P with a 93%.
We are now into more background stuff with advanced practice.
Just had first lab on IV.
God help the first patient I have to stick. lol.

im not sure how your school does it, but our first iv starts were on each other...

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeSchmo

Forum Probie
we are not allowed to stick each other.
school rules.

as i said.. God help my first patient. :unsure:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
we are not allowed to stick each other.
school rules.

as i said.. God help my first patient. :unsure:

Wow.. we had to do ten live starts on classmates before we could even go into clinicals to practice in the ED... And over half of my medic class were basics who had never really started IVs before

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Knowing which school Joe goes to in DFW, he will get PLENTY of practice at their main clinical hospital.

We started a few on eachother in my class... boy was that an experience I never want to go through again.

iamjeff171

Forum Crew Member
imagine being that patient. i think it was a little less stressfull starting them on classmates for the first time. at least i knew while they were stuggling on me, i was about to do the same to them :)