FDNY EMS Candidates

Sweet Tee

Forum Crew Member
So, the current ball park figure is that they left off at around 14xx on 5003 right? I tried calling CID to ask them directly, but they said they can't disclose that (which I thought was strange, but I wasn't gonna argue). Also, does anyone have an idea how many eligibles are on 5003?

The only reason I ask is because having a heads up would be nice considering they literally give you anywhere from 0-14 days notice (which is absurdly little time to get affairs in order).
I think somewhere around the 1620's for eligibles for 5003

Davejoseph

Forum Ride Along
Hi guys, exam 6003, list number 1175. My "Intake Interview (II)" is scheduled for August 11th,2016. I went to my local security office to obtain a detailed earnings statement however I was advised not to spend the $136 being that my earnings statement is blank. I then called FDNY's candidate investigation division to determine whether or not I should bring in a blank earning statement. I was unable to get a definitive answer which led me here. Is there anyone in the same boat as me who knows how to handle this situation.

Problem: No history on my earnings statement.
Question : Should I still obtain a copy for $136.
Answer: HELP ME AND THANK YOU.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Hi guys, exam 6003, list number 1175. My "Intake Interview (II)" is scheduled for August 11th,2016. I went to my local security office to obtain a detailed earnings statement however I was advised not to spend the $136 being that my earnings statement is blank. I then called FDNY's candidate investigation division to determine whether or not I should bring in a blank earning statement. I was unable to get a definitive answer which led me here. Is there anyone in the same boat as me who knows how to handle this situation.

Problem: No history on my earnings statement.
Question : Should I still obtain a copy for $136.
Answer: HELP ME AND THANK YOU.

You never worked before?

Davejoseph

Forum Ride Along
Same here. Still bought it. They still took it and they still wanted to see it to really make sure you didn't have anything on the books
Do you think I should print out the free one online ? Wait and see what the investigator says ? Or purchase the official one and be ready the day of ?

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Do you think I should print out the free one online ? Wait and see what the investigator says ? Or purchase the official one and be ready the day of ?
Buy the official report, everything should be official.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Thank you but still looking for anyone else in my position who could advise me.
You need the official one they verify off that regardless of how many jobs you've had. There was a guy when I went for my intake right out of hs that had same issue and he needed the official the investigator was pissed u don't wanna piss off ur Investigator and have to come back.

Davejoseph

Forum Ride Along
You need the official one they verify off that regardless of how many jobs you've had. There was a guy when I went for my intake right out of hs that had same issue and he needed the official the investigator was pissed u don't wanna piss off ur Investigator and have to come back.
thank you greatly appreciated

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
thank you greatly appreciated
NP better to be safe then sorry, i know its a lot but anything they request always bring u don't wanna be held back for something missing. on the bright side ur packet will be a breeze filling out with no job history lol

Davejoseph

Forum Ride Along
NP better to be safe then sorry, i know its a lot but anything they request always bring u don't wanna be held back for something missing. on the bright side ur packet will be a breeze filling out with no job history lol
yes very true. maybe will cross paths one day.

JZHusky

Forum Crew Member
No news = good news with psych? I was seeing cross-eyed by the end of it

I hear ya. "I would like the work of a florist" followed immediately by "demons control my thoughts and actions"

Definitely felt woozy after that.

And yes. No news is good news. After I did mine I didn't hear anything. I've been told if you get flagged they'll tell you to come in and talk to the doc.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
No news = good news with psych? I was seeing cross-eyed by the end of it
I think the answers should be yes, no or depends not true or false. And really 567 questions to see if we are fit for the job.
Who's going for medical August 12?

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
When does your time on the job start? Does the 2yrs for the promotional start when you finish the academy, or when you start the academy?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
When does your time on the job start? Does the 2yrs for the promotional start when you finish the academy, or when you start the academy?

When you get sworn in. So day one at orientation

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
When you get sworn in. So day one at orientation
Im on track for this coming January Academy so this doesn't apply to me , but my friend will most likely be in an early 2018 class. He will probably be eligible for the promo by the time it comes out I guess than right