FDNY EMS Candidates

Sweet Tee

Forum Crew Member
Good luck to everyone at orientation today! I'm so excited for you guys!!! Before you know it you will be graduating and giving the next class loads of advice.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Good luck to everyone at orientation today! I'm so excited for you guys!!! Before you know it you will be graduating and giving the next class loads of advice.

And then i'll seniority!
Can't wait to see some of this class for rotations and become a mentor!

JZHusky

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone! I have the medical exam tomorrow and I've read through the notice carefully. It doesn't mention that we have to be fasting. Can we eat before the appointment? Is there full blood work? I'm assuming it's only for immunizations and not sugar, salt, cholesterol etc.

emt117

Forum Lieutenant
I saw a couple people mention something about bullet proof vests on here. Does FDNY provide EMT's with vests?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Did they say anything about the promo at orientation today ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word on the street is that promo is coming out in August.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I saw a couple people mention something about bullet proof vests on here. Does FDNY provide EMT's with vests?

Yes. We are provided with vests

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Ok. There's a bill to raise the age so I didn't know if that would delay anything or not

JZHusky

Forum Crew Member
Ok. There's a bill to raise the age so I didn't know if that would delay anything or not

I was interested in that as well. I haven't heard a peep. It was introduced over a month ago and nothing.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
That's not gonna happen. Filing opens up August. It would have had to have been approved already.

Rumor has it that it was approved. But it's just a rumor and I don't know how true it is.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
It may have been or in the process of being approved for the OC. I haven't heard anything.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Same here i have my psych but no medical. they said the scheduling for the medical should be soon.

Got my medical scheduled for August 12 @ 0645. How the heck does this keep happening? It seems like all my appointments are bright and über early. They say not to drive do to limited parking but if I take the train I most likely would get there about five minutes before hand.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Got my medical scheduled for August 12 @ 0645. How the heck does this keep happening? It seems like all my appointments are bright and über early. They say not to drive do to limited parking but if I take the train I most likely would get there about five minutes before hand.

Skip the train and ummmm....Uber. :)

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Skip the train and ummmm....Uber. :)
So do you suggest a parking garage? If I don't take the train I have to be up and on the road by 0400. And yes Uber early, not even bright at that hour here in the mountains!

Last edited:

emsc

Forum Crew Member
So do you suggest a parking garage? If I don't take the train I have to be up and on the road by 0400. And yes Uber early, not even bright at that hour here in the mountains!

I drove everytime I went down to metrotech and always got parking in a garage. I usually used the garage on gold and tillary. I liked them the best

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
I drove everytime I went down to metrotech and always got parking in a garage. I usually used the garage on gold and tillary. I liked them the best
Thank you

SIemt

Forum Crew Member
If you drive on, you're risking your car being towed if you don't park in a garage