FDNY EMS Candidates

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Matt, Can I bring all my pt & toiletries, towel, sneakers in the black duffel bag on Tuesday along with my Notebook and pens and leave everything in my locker ?
Yes whatever u can fit in there snacks, lunch etc anything u need for when you're there. When u get a locker u can put ur pt stuff in and ur ppe bag. You're gonna get a **** load of text books and a giant operating guide

tsaponaro81

Forum Probie
Also, don't assume just because the person works at SS that they know what they're doing....it took me 3 trips to get it done correctly.

Trip 1: she turned me away and told me to find it on their website. WRONG

Trip 2: after much deliberation she printed me a statement...with the wrong SS number for...$112. WRONG
Luckily I caught the SSN before actually driving away.

Trip 3: returned after receiving a phone call to correct the payment amount. Which I even told her was $136.
Thank you so much. I will head to the ss Office tomorrow. Really appreciate your response. Thanks to all that has responded to my inquiries.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Thank you so much. I will head to the ss Office tomorrow. Really appreciate your response. Thanks to all that has responded to my inquiries.
I had no problems I was in and out in 5 mins I went to the office in s.I on hylan blvd

Emt94

Forum Ride Along
Hello guys I'm going to orientation tomorrow. Do I wear long sleeve or short sleeve because I've gotten a paper on uniform day saying long sleeve but my letter says short sleeve. Also do I wear my FDNY Suit coat?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Hello guys I'm going to orientation tomorrow. Do I wear long sleeve or short sleeve because I've gotten a paper on uniform day saying long sleeve but my letter says short sleeve. Also do I wear my FDNY Suit coat?

This one is a tough one. We wore long sleeves for my orientation because it was still spring and it was still chilly. Now its going to be 90s so they may want you to wear short. I'd say go with short, but dont get in trouble because of me.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Yes whatever u can fit in there snacks, lunch etc anything u need for when you're there. When u get a locker u can put ur pt stuff in and ur ppe bag. You're gonna get a **** load of text books and a giant operating guide

Do you get a locker on the first day of academy Tuesday ? Asking because I want to bring everything I need in one shot and leave it there, Instead of bringing something everyday.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Matt, Can I bring all my pt & toiletries, towel, sneakers in the black duffel bag on Tuesday along with my Notebook and pens and leave everything in my locker ?

Im not sure what you are (AM or PM) but, not all of those things are necessary. Bring your pt shirt, pt shorts, running sneakers, socks, DEODORANT. I was in AM class, so we didnt shower before we went home, therefore, i didnt bring a towel or any toiletries. If you need to, bring shaving cream and a razor to shave in the morning. If youre PM, you do PT then shower, then class.
Snacks is not a necessity, but nice to have. If you didnt bring any food for class, you get a 10/15 minute break at 0830, where there is a food truck outside and you can buy breakfast and stuff.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Do you get a locker on the first day of academy Tuesday ? Asking because I want to bring everything I need in one shot and leave it there, Instead of bringing something everyday.
Yes, you get a locker first day. Bring a lock. Are you AM or PM

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

On Friday at Quarter Master they said short sleeve shirt.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
AM and thanks a million brother, you've been spot on with the help and advice.
Congratulations on your graduation. Have you started already at your station yet ?
Thank you. I worked the day after graduation lol. If you need anymore help/advice pm me.

Another word of advice, go to the tutoring session before class at 6/630. It's worth it.

Valedictorian gets to choose their station/division.

Have fun in the academy. Respect your instructors. And do your best in pt. It shows.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Knapsack or black duffel bag for orientation tomorrow?
For orientation, backpack is fine.
For fort totten, black duffel bag and red bag

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Good luck to the new class starting tomorrow. Remember, be on time, be early for everything. Make sure your uniform is in check and you look good. Presentation, promptness and respect is the way to get through without any issues.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Good luck to the new class starting tomorrow. Remember, be on time, be early for everything. Make sure your uniform is in check and you look good. Presentation, promptness and respect is the way to get through without any issues.

PREACH.

tsaponaro81

Forum Probie
Thank you. I worked the day after graduation lol. If you need anymore help/advice pm me.

Another word of advice, go to the tutoring session before class at 6/630. It's worth it.

Valedictorian gets to choose their station/division.

Have fun in the academy. Respect your instructors. And do your best in pt. It shows.
Valedictorian status is based on what? (just trying to be ahead of the game here) is it based on academics or PT, or a combo of both? The station/division I want.. I hear is nearly impossible to get into straight out of the academy.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
That's most likely where I'll be going tomorrow. Hopefully it goes as quickly for me. Thanks
Tell the security guy when you walk in what you're there for it shouldn't be more then a few minutes.
Valedictorian status is based on what? (just trying to be ahead of the game here) is it based on academics or PT, or a combo of both? The station/division I want.. I hear is nearly impossible to get into straight out of the academy.
just academics and u can get anywhere you want just have to know the right ppl ;)

tsaponaro81

Forum Probie
Tell the security guy when you walk in what you're there for it shouldn't be more then a few minutes.

just academics and u can get anywhere you want just have to know the right ppl ;)
Academics... Awesome!!! Staten Island would be amazing. But highly unlikely. Lol I'll cross that bridge later tho. Sounds good. I actually thought the office opened earlier. It opens at 9am tho. Thanks a lot. Again for all the information.