FDNY EMS Candidates

IFR

Forum Crew Member
That's not possible consider the academy is 9 weeks
Who'd you speak with? I spoke with my investigator an hour ago and he said feb.

Each class is like two or three months, each class has pm and am, so how can they have three classes? One won't end before the next one begins

I also spoke with my investigator today, so I guess one of them has to be right haha. At least we got February confirmed. If they are hurting for people, and needed to run classes that close together, I'm sure they would have no problem making it happen. Different locations, etc.

With a department the size of FDNY it is definetly possible if they want to make it happen.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
I wouldn't count on January .. you have to remember they're aren't only working on ems classes .. they're a fire probie class starting the end of this month also. Most likely I'd say February is a safe bet for next class..

IFR

Forum Crew Member
I wouldn't count on January .. you have to remember they're aren't only working on ems classes .. they're a fire probie class starting the end of this month also. Most likely I'd say February is a safe bet for next class..

Time will tell.

Ttperez40

Forum Crew Member
Your number is 240 and a half? Nice.
I'm 25X. We are both getting into January, whether it is normal size class, 90 people or double 180 people.

File being of her desk meaning your file went for final review, they do that to everyone before calling for academy
That's great to hear... Do you have any idea what happens after you get the call?? Is there more interview or any more test?? And do we pay for anything like our uniforms and boots??

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Next class starting at the end of the month. I heard a rumor from my buddies OTJ of 3 classes a year with 2 week breaks in between, but I think it's all speculation at this point.
Yeah heard that too. It's funny because even working this job, I still can't figure out what's going on lol

johnny chimpo

Forum Probie
Like I said a couple pages ago I heard from an instructor the next emt class is January 15th 2015. Also it seems they have one in January's past. Of course I could be wrong.

IFR

Forum Crew Member
If anyone will be moving from out of state or looking for a roommate in the next couple months, please let me know. I will be moving from Atlanta, GA and would love to get something figured out sooner rather than later.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
That's great to hear... Do you have any idea what happens after you get the call?? Is there more interview or any more test?? And do we pay for anything like our uniforms and boots??

You get a call.
You come to orientation and ID then you go to the quarter master for clothing, uniform and shoes.

Everything is free. Thank God isn't a private company haha

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I also spoke with my investigator today, so I guess one of them has to be right haha. At least we got February confirmed. If they are hurting for people, and needed to run classes that close together, I'm sure they would have no problem making it happen. Different locations, etc.

With a department the size of FDNY it is definetly possible if they want to make it happen.

They can't have a different location.
They have fire at the rock and ems at the school in queens. They never had two classes consecutively.

The first class will be either Jan or Feb and the next one it looks like April. All they can do is increase class size.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

NYNJ

Forum Probie
I have also heard about an overlapping January and February class from people in the current class.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I have also heard about an overlapping January and February class from people in the current class.

I hope so!!

While working an arrest earlier today, I looked at the FDNY medics and conditions and said " wish I could have that uniform" haha