FDNY EMS Candidates

naps89

Forum Crew Member
Where in the packet does it say to bring in any paperwork from traffic violations?

I'm getting mixed answers, my buddies on the job say just bring a driving abstract. I guess it just depends on the investigator. I'm just trying to get everything they could possibly ask for to avoid making multiple trips.

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
I'm getting mixed answers, my buddies on the job say just bring a driving abstract. I guess it just depends on the investigator. I'm just trying to get everything they could possibly ask for to avoid making multiple trips.

Yea i see that on the last page for a check list for the investigator but does not show that you need to have one. I guess if you have points on your license or alot of tickets they need it then. I am gonna bring extra paperwork for them to use against me lol

naps89

Forum Crew Member
Anyone know how long the intake interview usually takes?

steven9d3

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to notify you if you have to go in to answer questions about your psychological?

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
They're going to ask you to get a dmv report on your license .. if there's nothing on it then don't worry about it

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
The FDNY pulls their own driving abstract, you just have to tell them about any tickets you have, not including parking tickets.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I spoke with a FDNY captain, this upcoming academy will have 160 people, 80 in each class instead of the usual 45. They are in dire need of people. If you work 911, you'll see plenty of bls ot on the MDT, ridiculous amounts.

steven9d3

Forum Crew Member
I spoke with a FDNY captain, this upcoming academy will have 160 people, 80 in each class instead of the usual 45. They are in dire need of people. If you work 911, you'll see plenty of bls ot on the MDT, ridiculous amounts.

i heard the same thing about 160 people in the next class I've heard people in the 800s have been scheduled for there psy and medical before christmas. Will be interesting what list number they reach

naps89

Forum Crew Member
Is the intake first come, first serve? And how long does it generally take? Just trying to plan my day out, thanks in advance.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
plan the whole day

Emt1273

Forum Probie
Is the intake first come, first serve? And how long does it generally take? Just trying to plan my day out, thanks in advance.

Get there a hour early I got there 0710 for 0800 and was one of the first 6 to go up, I was out at 1130, also they make their own copies and yes I understand it says bring your own. But I'm telling you bring all ORIGINAL documents they make their own.

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
Get there a hour early I got there 0710 for 0800 and was one of the first 6 to go up, I was out at 1130, also they make their own copies and yes I understand it says bring your own. But I'm telling you bring all ORIGINAL documents they make their own.
Exactly what he said. be a hour early, and do not forget any originals. I was the first one done it wasnt bad at all.

naps89

Forum Crew Member
Exactly what he said. be a hour early, and do not forget any originals. I was the first one done it wasnt bad at all.

Yeah I was there last Friday, first one there lol. Anyone estimating a date when we could receive psych/medical letters?

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
Also bring your birth certificate when you go, and both EMT card and the one with scores. I had to go back with that stuff and a buddy of mine was never asked for his. Better to just bring them both in case. Not cool having to go back just for 5 minutes lol

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Is there any reason fdny is in such a need for emt's? Does that mean there will be a firefighter promo soon?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Is there any reason fdny is in such a need for emt's? Does that mean there will be a firefighter promo soon?

The promo is once every three to four years

People move on to hospitals, NYPD, medics, go out of state, there is a high turnover

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
It's very difficult to stay on this job for 25 years

No it's not. I rather do this for 25 than let's say construction for 40 something years or sit in a cubicle until I'm 65,
You can't just stay an EMT. Move onto medic, rescue or hazmat, become a Lt, captain, chief etc. Cannot stay stagnant