FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Sorry, 17x and not outstanding. I'm hoping to be called soon. And I hope to see you in the academy!

Likewise my friend

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
Anyone know what to wear to the Medical? Same as all others suits?

Ttperez40

Forum Crew Member
We're all on "not outstanding" until they open the list and start the calls ,then the ones that have cleared everything will be switched to outstanding....(as per Fdny investigator V.Mason) ...for the last 2 classes I was switched to outstanding while the calls were made and then switched back after that...I'm pretty sure people through list #35x will be called for the academy...

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
We're all on "not outstanding" until they open the list and start the calls ,then the ones that have cleared everything will be switched to outstanding....(as per Fdny investigator V.Mason) ...for the last 2 classes I was switched to outstanding while the calls were made and then switched back after that...I'm pretty sure people through list #35x will be called for the academy...

I was always wondering why I was switches from not outstanding to oustanding and back and forth.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Also, its 80% sure there will be two classes, a january and February.

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Also, its 80% sure there will be two classes, a january and February.

Heard from someone on here and from my friend on the job that there will be a class in Jan, Feb and March. Not sure how accurate that information is though.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Heard from someone on here and from my friend on the job that there will be a class in Jan, Feb and March. Not sure how accurate that information is though.

I spoke with an instructor, they are awaiting on funding for a Jan and Feb class, if it doesn't work, they will have just a Feb class

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
You have to remember that the new mayor hates the emergency services so funding is really tight.

Where did you get that information?

medic308

Forum Crew Member
Where did you get that information?
Based off of his actions and the way he speaks about the police and fire department.

I am happy to continue this somewhere else as I see this conversation easily being steered off the main topic.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Based off of his actions and the way he speaks about the police and fire department.

I am happy to continue this somewhere else as I see this conversation easily being steered off the main topic.

I don't really read news paper articles nor watch the news. No surprise, we're the red headed step child of FDNY :(

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
So does anyone know what to wear to the Medical?

NYNJ

Forum Probie
Dress nice, but a full suit probably wouldn't be the way to go since you need to get undressed, get an ekg, get blood drawn, etc. A nice shirt with slacks is better. And remember as always, plan on showing up extra early. There's always at least one that shows up late.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I hope some of you plan on being dispatchers, I heard that they will take a nice amount of people from the next class and put them in dispatch . they are in dire need of EMDs, and its two years before you can transfer to the streets

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
I hope some of you plan on being dispatchers, I heard that they will take a nice amount of people from the next class and put them in dispatch . they are in dire need of EMDs, and its two years before you can transfer to the streets
I don't think that's entirely true... people who want to go to dispatch will undoubtedly be able to go. However, people are needed in the streets as well. 2 years to transfer out? I don't think so.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I don't think that's entirely true... people who want to go to dispatch will undoubtedly be able to go. However, people are needed in the streets as well. 2 years to transfer out? I don't think so.

People who sign up for EMT don't plan on going to dispatch, and there is no civil exam for EMD. They are either put there by FDNY from the academy or people on light duty. In the current academy, they took some people (at random) and told them they will be EMDs, one kid even started crying. And two years because, probationary period is one year, and they don't want to teach you dispatching just to have you transfer out, hence two years. Contact anyone in the current academy class and they will confirm what I'm saying.

It is easier for them to put out OT for the streets than mandate dispatchers .

NYNJ

Forum Probie
I heard the same thing from someone in the current class. They're supposedly gonna send a whole bunch of people to EMD in jan/feb, they're hurtin for dispatchers.

Soooo happy hunger games, and may the odds be ever in your favor.