Zoll M series Question

jason152318

Forum Probie
Does anyone know if the Zoll M series is Blue tooth capable? Was told by Zoll customer service that it is but is an older blue tooth technology and will not work with newer blue tooth technology phones. Any input? thanks.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
The Zoll M series is bluetooth capable and can directly input ECG data into several different ePCR systems through Zoll's proprietary software.

OP
OP
J

jason152318

Forum Probie
Thanks for the input. I was under the understanding that it is cabable of blue-tooth use but apparently the customer service at Zoll thinks its an older type of blue-tooth technology vs what newer phones are using. The guy is either trying to make a sale on a newer monitor or knows nothing about the M-series.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
In their defense, some of the old M-series don't even have BT. My old service had a fleet of M-series and none of them had BT on them

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Bluetooth is an option, just like ETCO2, SPO2, and 12 lead capabilities. It was designed for rapid input of data into the ePCR. It cannot be transmitted directly to a smartphone without some serious tech modifications.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
they can connect through your phone as a modem only, to transmit 12leads. other than that the BT is to connect to the computer for PCR info.

OP
OP
J

jason152318

Forum Probie
We are getting the rosetta box for the M-series. Never really liked them. I use a Phillips MRX at another department and it sends directly to the ambulance cell phone via BT. Very easy. takes seconds. Then back to patient care. Unfortunately it wont be that way for the Zoll M-series.