what to put in a jump kit?

dcemr7

Forum Probie
I don't know what kind of situation he is in, but I carry a jump kit in my truck because as a volunteer FF/EMR, I don't know when I will need the medical supplies. It seems like some of the people on here are dead set against the idea of carrying your own kit. I agree that if your not on duty you may not be under med control but I also know that if I am in my county and wearing a dept t shirt (volunteer dept)I'm on duty and if something were to happen I would much rather have my bag than nothing at all. Also a suggestion, I found out on a call the other day that it is important to have both an adult size bp cuff as well as an infant cuff. Good luck with EMT class, I will be going myself in a few months.

Ace 227

Forum Lieutenant
TQs, a CPR mask, and bandages are about all you'll need in a "put in my trunk and hope I sumble upon an MVA" bag. Anything else you put in there will just get you in trouble or won't be necessary. Not sure about where you live but assuming it isn't bum f-ing nowhere, an ambulance will probably arrive in a reasonable time and have the necessary supplies.

That being said, I keep my STOMP II aid bag in my car stocked with all the goodies my Army medcom lets me use, I'm just smart enough to ignore them if I ever find myself in an emergency.