VA Certification

HWhite98

Basic B*
So quick question. I passed my psychomotor test for VA EMT-B Certification last week and also passed my NREMT-Basic Evaluation today:) (For VA Certification, not national because I am not 18).

The way it works in VA is you do your psychomotor through a VA OEMS test site and take your cognitive exam through NREMT, and once you pass your cognitive, you get your VA cert.

But on my OEMS portal account, it still has me listed as not being certified. Does anyone in VA know if it just takes some time to update (I thought it would be fast since it is all electronic) or do you think there was a hitch in the process.

I really want to just have the relief of seeing EMT-B on my account :) Thanks!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yesterday was friday. IIRC, it has to be manually updated, even though everything is electronic. Wait till Wednesday, and if nothign has shown, then call and bother them. It's the weekend now, so nothing is going to happen right now.
BTW, when did you do your NREMT CBT? And when did you find out from them you passed?

OP
OP
HWhite98

HWhite98

Basic B*
Ok that makes since, so am I technically certified right now, it just hasn't been updated? And I took it yesterday (Friday 7-17-15) at 8AM and my results were posted around 3:30pm :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You're not certified until the state lets you know you're certified. Unless VA has a whole nother weirdness than every other state I've dealt with.