Training in West Palm Beach

Combilation

Forum Ride Along
Hey im new to the emt community and just had a few questions. I am interested in starting my training in a place called Health Career Institute its located in Lake Worth, Florida. I have never been convicted Has anyone ever attended this school or even reccomend the school. I was also wondering if there would be any problems with my background check I have not been convicted of a felony but I had some problems when I was younger. I would take the course at the local Community College but the deadline has passed. I was also wondering what the job outlook was like in Florida.

Thank you in advance for your help

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I am not familiar with the school off hand. Community Colleges are generally better and much less expensive. Private schools tend to be overpriced. You might wait until the next EMT class at the community college.

If you never were convicted of a crime, your backround check should be fine.

OP
OP
C

Combilation

Forum Ride Along
Well price isnt really the issue in my case I just want to make sure I go to a decent institution. Regardless of where you take your classes you still get the same certification paper correct? I was convicted of misdemeanors, Problem?

Thanks for the quick reply

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Call the State of Florida EMS licensing office if you want accurate information about your particular situations and misdemeanors.

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/emt-paramedic/emt-lic-requirements.html#Initial

As far as the school, it will all depend on your future goals. If you want to be a Paramedic eventually, it would be wise to get your foot in the door of a community college which have accredited programs. Private schools are rarely accredited nationally and their classes are rarely transferable.
If you just want your EMT with no goals in mind, just about any school will do.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Well price isnt really the issue in my case I just want to make sure I go to a decent institution. Regardless of where you take your classes you still get the same certification paper correct? I was convicted of misdemeanors, Problem?

Thanks for the quick reply

It may not be. Like Vent said, check with the Florida DOH.