the 100% directionless thread

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
Does that mean I'm the next virgin Mary? No I'm not pregnant you numnut! I better not be :lol:

not it's just some other things going on right now that I'm pretty happy with

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Grr... still no good news about jobs. Maybe moving to CO was a mistake.

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
I'm confused.

I had a great night at the barn. Got to spend some good quality time with my man. I love the weather we're having. Perfect riding weather.
25894_1411128402027_1347027249_1112275_2937382_n.jpg

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Whelp, apparently "at this time do not feel that your qualifications are a match for our open positions. " for CareFlite as a Paramedic on their ground trucks.

*sigh*

The job hunt continues.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Whelp, apparently "at this time do not feel that your qualifications are a match for our open positions. " for CareFlite as a Paramedic on their ground trucks.

*sigh*

The job hunt continues.

Don't get discouraged man. Trust me I know that feeling right now

xgpt

Forum Crew Member

*sigh*

The job hunt continues.

Keep applying. And don't be afraid to re-apply at the same location after some time has passed.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
And I have got an interview today at 1430! WooHoo. (Unfortunately it is not for the USFS medical team. Just a plain ole WA State DNR Engine Boss.......)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
And I have got an interview today at 1430! WooHoo. (Unfortunately it is not for the USFS medical team. Just a plain ole WA State DNR Engine Boss.......)

I now have one scheduled with an IFT company on Thurs. IFT is really not what I want to do as a medic, but fresh out of school, take what you can get, right? They said if hired, I'd start as an EMT until the state updates my license from EMT to Paramedic.

19342_311096051261_311058351261_4018171_1914779_n.jpg

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yay! I have an interview with Pridemark! :)... For June... :(

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Why so late?

They interview every other month, and apparently they are interviewing in April on friday. And they don't have any slots left for htis round. I'm hoping that they might have someone not show and maybe I can slip into that spot.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
What about May?

I emailed CareFlite asking about the qualification thing. Got an email back saying that the test I took was "Designed by psychologist for a persons overall fit in an EMS organization".

I apparently scored 11 out of 100 and that "Other candidates scored higher"

I emailed back asking what the average score is... because 11/100 makes me feel like a crazy person.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
What about May?

I emailed CareFlite asking about the qualification thing. Got an email back saying that the test I took was "Designed by psychologist for a persons overall fit in an EMS organization".

I emailed back asking what the average score is... because 11/100 makes me feel like a crazy person.

Well, you post here often enough crazy might be a good adjective...

And every-other-month as in they skip a month before they interview again... So if they interview this month (april)... :p

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape

Industrial-organizational psychologists tend to deliberately skew tests for employment in a high-stress medical field towards minimizing false positives (where you accept someone who won't be a good fit), but that comes at the expense of getting a lot of false negatives. You're likely to be one of those, since it seems like you've been doing fine in EMS so far. It sucks, but don't worry that you're crazy. Besides, poor fit doesn't mean anything about craziness anyways... just that your responses didn't match up with those of most EMS workers they tested these items on.

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
Was planning on riding the horses tonight. That got interuppted because Slim seemed like he was in the early stages of colicing. I brushed him really good and then got to talking and he dropped down. That's not normal. He never lays down like that but I figured he was just showing his appreciation to the fact I just got him clean. Then he did it again. I was like nope I'm not letting this happen. Got him up and out of his stall. Took him across the street to get him walking and graze a little bit. He wasn't interested in the grass at all. Again, not normal.

He also didn't have many gut sounds which isn't a good sign either. So I got him up and moving and 4 hours later I'm pretty sure we're on the uphill end of things. We had some new hay brought in which is what I think is the cause of this. It's crappy hay. I'd only feed it to cows. Needless to say I'm not feeding any of it and will be going to the feed store in the morning to get better hay. Hopefully I'll be getting a refund for the other hay.

Getting up bright and early to check on my boy. I do hope that he's better. Nothing scares me more than colic.