the 100% directionless thread

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Here I am thinking hey, I'm 21, my wisdom teeth are doing pretty good.

But no, my back right bottom one felt like being a butt-hole and is now pushing up against a flap of skin and is a constant annoyance. 3 days before I leave for spring break.

Take some Ibuprofen. That's what I used to do until one day I woke up and my face was swollen. That's when I decided it was time for them to come out. Well that and the horrible pain I was having. First time I've ever been knocked out. Versed is an amazing drug. Felt like I was out for 5 seconds when in reality it was 30 minutes.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

But no, my back right bottom one felt like being a butt-hole and is now pushing up against a flap of skin and is a constant annoyance. 3 days before I leave for spring break.

Awwww........quit whining.

Or you could have them out. The pain and misery only lasts like a week. And once you get used to it, it doesn't really bug you when people laugh at you and say you look like a chipmunk.

~~~~~Different Topic~~~~~

Speaking of spring break, I got to spend the last few days chilling at the beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama. It was so funny......here are all the locals bundled up like it is 50 below, and I, from the great and currently fridgid state of Washington, am lying on the beach (attempting to tan) and swimming in the Gulf while people walk by and look at me like I have two heads. :p

Now, I am at my friends house for the next three days in middle GA where we will hang out and hunt hogs every night. Of course the only bad thing about vacation is that it will end sometime soon......<_<

mct601

RN/NRP

My dentist worked me great. I didn't think I needed them out at 18, but he said come back and 6months and we'll see- by then we'll know if they need to be removed but it shouldn't be bothering you too much. Over those 6months I could feel pressure building up, but it wasn't bad. Sure enough, I went in and a week later they came out.

Awwww........quit whining.

Or you could have them out. The pain and misery only lasts like a week. And once you get used to it, it doesn't really bug you when people laugh at you and say you look like a chipmunk.

~~~~~Different Topic~~~~~

Speaking of spring break, I got to spend the last few days chilling at the beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama. It was so funny......here are all the locals bundled up like it is 50 below, and I, from the great and currently fridgid state of Washington, am lying on the beach (attempting to tan) and swimming in the Gulf while people walk by and look at me like I have two heads. :p

Now, I am at my friends house for the next three days in middle GA where we will hang out and hunt hogs every night. Of course the only bad thing about vacation is that it will end sometime soon......<_<

Pain and misery? I never even got my pain meds filled. I took Aleve for a week and never felt a thing. No swelling or anything. That's the advantage of getting them out before they start causing trouble. Bleeding stopped pretty quickly too. My only complaint was the massive packed holes in the back of my mouth for the several weeks afterward.

and yea, people down here start shivering when it hits 50. Personally I run hot and love the cold, I never dress in anything more than a hooded sweatshirt at any point and the A/C in my car is at 66 degrees year round. I went to the Sugar Bowl and talked to some Cinci fans, after a few minutes of discussion they said "I can't believe you are from here, you're the first people from around here that we've seen without practically wearing blankets". You could easily pick apart the New Orleans natives, the Florida natives, and Ohio natives.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Yeah, back in October my dentist said the very same tooth would probably give me problems soon and that when I go back for my next cleaning we'd know better. Darn guy is a psychic.

Luckily he said that die to the flap of skin chances are I'll have to be pit under for the surgery. Fine by me.

And Vicodin!!!

mct601

RN/NRP
Yeah, back in October my dentist said the very same tooth would probably give me problems soon and that when I go back for my next cleaning we'd know better. Darn guy is a psychic.

Luckily he said that die to the flap of skin chances are I'll have to be pit under for the surgery. Fine by me.

And Vicodin!!!

Pit under? You mean put under? I was knocked out for mine. I had Vicodin prescribed but didn't get it filled.

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
I've got to have all 4 of mine cut out. Mine are partial bony imactions. I'm just waiting to have the surgery. Will probably have them out sometime this year.

Medic744

Forum Captain
Am so super happy to have dental insurance again! Now I can go get that root canal I have been putting off for 2 yrs, oh yeah and a few cavities filled. Luckily no wisdom teeth pulled, that happened a long time ago. But yippee for the root canal!!!

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
3:20am and I'm home from the nursing home. Ugh horrible night but at the same time peaceful. At least my opa (grandpa) isn't suffering anymore. But it still sucks! I didn't think it'd happen this fast. My dad called me around 6:15 tonight and said the hospice nurse said that things weren't looking good.

Well I figured he'd still have a few days, so I was gonna go see him tomorrow, well today I guess. I had already left work and had to go to the feed store before they closed to get horse feed because I was completely out. That was clear across the other side of town so there was no way I would have been able to make it out.

10:30 I got the call he'd passed. He was 67. I'm down to one grandparent left. I thought they were supposed to live to atleast see my kids be born :sad: life sucks sometimes

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Whelp, had my first postictal state wrestling match just a bit ago.

He lost. They all lose against 4 EMT/medics, 2 cops, 2 Tasers and a stair chair.

8jimi8

CFRN

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Tends to happen when you take a swing at a paramedic student and firefighter infront of 2 cops who already had their Tasers out due to a history of this patient being aggressive. Seizure was 30 min before that point so it wasn't like they tased him for seizing..

Wasn't my call anyhow, and knowing that departments policy on tasers first hand they followed the rules, especially since the cop who tased him was the departments taser instructor.

No, we didn't have ativan.

Last edited by a moderator:

8jimi8

CFRN
right on, from what i remember benzos lower the threshold for more seizures anyway. With the seizure being 30 minutes prior, why didn't the patient just refuse tx and trans... i mean if he wanted to fight y'all

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
It's a long story that I'll have to tell ya tomorrow :p

He refused the first time he seized last night, we were trying to take him on the second but by the time we were ready to go he was alert again, so he refused. He was going to go by personal vehicle driven by his gf and mom, but he thought it'd be a good idea to run out in the middle of the street. He was arrested and forced to go to the hospital anyhow.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Woo! Finally made it into the 1k range for posts :D

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
If you see a glowing green monkey running away from something....FOLLOW THAT MONKEY!! -HAZMAT

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
It's fridayyyyyyy :)

Medic744

Forum Captain
Well if there is ever a time and place for someone to get in a MVC it would be at shift change right in front of the police station during my lunch. At least on the upside we managed to get the pt on the hospital stretcher before she peed everywhere.