Texas EMT Certification

TxEmtB

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I'm a new EMT and also new to the forum!

I'm in the process of being certified by the state. I sent of my application via online the 20th of May with (NR number) and had fingerprints done the day after. This is the sixth week and still nothing back. I know they say 4-6 weeks but know of friends getting them back fairly quick. Anyways, I was just wanting to know what the norm is on the time it takes for them to get back with you. Should I call after the sixth week?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
They're apparently backed up more than normal right now. It took my brother a little over 8 weeks to get his. There also seems to be no correlation between when you and your classmates send them in (based off of him and his class). You can try calling to check, but it won't likely speed anything up.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
TxEmtB

TxEmtB

Forum Ride Along
They're apparently backed up more than normal right now. It took my brother a little over 8 weeks to get his. There also seems to be no correlation between when you and your classmates send them in (based off of him and his class). You can try calling,l to check, but it won't likely speed anything up.

Man, that's crazy. Thanks for the reply.