TCCC this coming weekend!!

CLCustom1911

Forum Crew Member
HEY EVERYONE! So this coming weekend (6/24-25) is a TCCC course open to EMT and above level of certification. The course is being held in the lovely (subjective) and historic city of San Bernardino, CA. This course is worth 24 hours of continuing education credit.

The venue is at Symons Ambulance and the instructor is David Paladini who is a Paramedic as well as a reserve Army Infantryman. I did PHTLS with him last year and we had a great time.

This if you not familiar with San Bernardino: the area of the training is safe.... which definitely can't be said for the rest of the city LOL.

I already paid the full $375 for the course, so I'm not doing this to get free training or any of that crap.

Reply to this thread if interested and I'll send you contact info for the course.

Cameron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I have no desire to be a tactical "paramedic", but just found it interesting that the instructors name came up.

I didn't know he was instructing these sort of courses now. He was a (brief) FTO of mine many moons ago when I landed my first paramedic gig; small world, carry on:).

OP
OP
C

CLCustom1911

Forum Crew Member
I have no desire to be a tactical "paramedic", but just found it interesting that the instructors name came up.

I didn't know he was instructing these sort of courses now. He was a (brief) FTO of mine many moons ago when I landed my first paramedic gig; small world, carry on:).

David is a good guy.

TCCC is not just about being "Tactical" (or tacticoool). It clearly defines actions to be taken in the event with poo hits the fan with the phases of care. Based on my experiences, this training program has saved many many lives all over the world.

With assorted terrorist incidents occurring all over the world consistently, including our country (Pulse Nightclub, San Bernardino Inland Regional Center, New York and Boston bombings.....) having more training, and training specific to these types of incidents is all the more important.

This isn't some BS "TP-C" test that just is a set of letters in exchange for money and a test. This is real world, battle tested, empirical data driven assessment and treatment guidelines. There are some things that civilian media won't use like the antibiotics and stuff like that, but when it comes to surgical airways, needle thor, IV resuscitation, ketamine use, wound packing and patient packaging and so much more.... this is great training and information to have available in the brain.

I urge everyone on this board to at least be familiar with the 2017 TCCC guidelines available on the NAEMT website.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Slow down, tiger. I didn't put tactical in quotations, I put paramedic in quotations. Having perused the guidelines, it's very much standard ALS knowledge and care, dressed with a tactical angle.

I get it's importance in, and around the battlefield. That said, it doesn't mean every EMS provider needs to heed some sort of warning for another impending terrorist attack.

They're (attacks) inevitable, we all know that. In the civilian world having basic first aid knowledge (hemorrhage control, and basic airway management primarily) should be enough to suffice in the event one of these yahoos strikes, and there are off-duty providers in, and around the vicinity.

I could advocate (I do actually) the same for the importance, and pertinence of paramedics furthering their education with regards to critical care medicine. Having insight, and knowledge has arguably saved countless lives as well what with endemic diseases, and proper preventative care beginning in the prehospital setting on the front side, short of say, "mongo-the-medic" style medicine.

I'm not devaluing this course's intent, or purpose, I'm saying it's every bit as important to the tactically driven provider as a solid critical care course would be to a CCP. In fact, there are many parallels, and more in-depth education with the latter. Not knowing why you're doing something, or being given training in a 2-day course is much more different than learning from a 2-week, 2-month etc. course.

Anyhow, enjoy the rest of your weekend, and your course.

OP
OP
C

CLCustom1911

Forum Crew Member
Yes correct, the guidelines are pretty standard ALS stuff. One of my reasons why I push BLS providers to have this kind of knowledge is so when they are on scene assisting ALS providers, they will know what treatments to anticipate and how to effectively and efficiently get those treatments going for the patient. Plus, we're all human and might miss something in the stress of everything. The more people that know the assessments and treatments means if one provider misses something, another can fill that gap.

Cameron