taking classes and then moving?

amg1322

Forum Crew Member
I currently live in broward county in fl. I am registering for an EMT class beginning in july. however there is a very good chance I could be moving from FL to North Carolina, in about 6 months to a year. Should I just hold off and take the class once I have moved? Or if I do take the class now what will happen when i do move?

i'm new to the discussion and new to the community so any advice you can offer or information would really help as i've just started looking into this...^_^

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
If you decide to do the class before moving make sure you get your state/nation registry before moving to help with reciprocity. You can probably find online NC EMS regulations on out-of-state reciprocity.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
If you decide to do the class before moving make sure you get your state/nation registry before moving to help with reciprocity. You can probably find online NC EMS regulations on out-of-state reciprocity.

In florida the state test is the NREMT-B test.

Check the reciprocity for EMT-B in NC and make your decision based on that.

legion1202

Forum Lieutenant
A few kids from my school got jobs in NC. and they did all there schooling at BCC (broward college). They had no problems getting a job in fact the department helped them get the process speed up

OP
OP
A

amg1322

Forum Crew Member
i have checked, and it seems i can take the class and be alright once i move up there.. now its just a matter of picking the right program and then crossing my fingers for moving/job opportunities