Stupid **** your partner has said/done

pogoemt

Forum Crew Member
Partner drove wrong way for a block because he didn't want to wait for 2 left turn red lights, wasn't even on a call, we were just really close to our staging area with about an hour left in our shift

harold1981

Forum Lieutenant
I said " this is a 29 y/o female " when our patient was a male while giving report to the nurse infront of the patient.

But I´ve had patients where I really couldn´t tell....and it felt inappropriate to say the least to ask...so are you a man or a woman?

harold1981

Forum Lieutenant
I once had a partner who attempted to splint a lower leg prosthesis, because he thought it was damn obvious that the 45 degree angle suggested it was broken anyway, and he didn´t need to cut clothing and expose the leg to see it. He was pissed at the patient for not telling him too =)

Dennhop

Forum Crew Member
In this case it was me saying the dumb crap...

New EMT, only been on the streets for a month, at best. Giving report to triage nurse at the hospital for a bls patient, misspoke and said irregular heartbeat on the monitor (it was on the pulse ox) as well as manually. They triaged pt straight to shock trauma, while my medic was furiously stewing that we now had a BLS pt going to shock trauma. Haven't done that since.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
No; diesel nozzles at car pumps are the same size as gasoline:
The bigger question is: Does the person pumping the fuel KNOW HOW TO READ?

scary how often that happens; we had a rash of them at my old company because we changed gas stations that we bought fuel at, and the old diesel pumps had green plastic on the nozzles and the new station the green plastic was on the gas nozzles. "It is STATE LAW that diesel pumps have green on them". No moron, it is state law that the pump says diesel or gas above it.

Tenementfnstr

Forum Ride Along
Get ready.

1) Worked a code, partner has vomit on his face, I tell him, he denies it and wipes face smearing vomit down to his chin. He still was telling me how careful he is with the suction as I walked to the bathroom to wretch. *gag*

2) Same partner tells a Romanian woman that he can understand her just fine because he speaks a little spanish. I tell him shes not speaking spanish and he grins, telling us that he knows spanish when he hears it cause he was married to a mail order bride from south america for 4 years. *face palm*

3) Patient in ER asks me to get a female nurse remove the 12 lead because my (same) partner made her uncomfortable putting it on. I go to get a nurse and my partner asks why I haven't taken the leads of yet. As I begin to tell him she wants a nurse to to it, he rolls his eyes, walks to the patient, yanks her shirt up way too high and starts pulling leads. She was mortified. *jaw hits floor*

I got a million of em'.

suthermann

Forum Probie
Rookie mistake. Once I was on a BLS low acuity 911, I made a call to the wrong hospital. Got there and the staff laughed me to shame. Very next time I went there for IFT some jacka** said are sure you have the right place?

Tenementfnstr

Forum Ride Along
Rookie mistake. Once I was on a BLS low acuity 911, I made a call to the wrong hospital. Got there and the staff laughed me to shame. Very next time I went there for IFT some jacka** said are sure you have the right place?
Haha Ive taken emergencies to the wrong hospital before. Luckily the correct one was only a tenth of a mile away.

harold1981

Forum Lieutenant
Get ready.

1) Worked a code, partner has vomit on his face, I tell him, he denies it and wipes face smearing vomit down to his chin. He still was telling me how careful he is with the suction as I walked to the bathroom to wretch. *gag*

2) Same partner tells a Romanian woman that he can understand her just fine because he speaks a little spanish. I tell him shes not speaking spanish and he grins, telling us that he knows spanish when he hears it cause he was married to a mail order bride from south america for 4 years. *face palm*

3) Patient in ER asks me to get a female nurse remove the 12 lead because my (same) partner made her uncomfortable putting it on. I go to get a nurse and my partner asks why I haven't taken the leads of yet. As I begin to tell him she wants a nurse to to it, he rolls his eyes, walks to the patient, yanks her shirt up way too high and starts pulling leads. She was mortified. *jaw hits floor*

I got a million of em'.

A medic with that attitude wouldn´t survive his probation period with us, as nobody tolerates that kind of behaviour.

suthermann

Forum Probie
Was on a bls 911 call for back pain and on our nextel page the pt name read (for hipaa let's say his first name was Man) but the last name read Crouch. Arrived on scene My partner... " What seems to be going on Mr. Crouch?" The pt... " My nuts hurt and they are swollen, by the way my last name is Smith".

BossmanGifford

Forum Crew Member
Asking me how far things are from one point to other ones when she has google open on her phone

Consistently refuses to do anything other than what she wants.

Talks to me all the damn time about dumb **** I don't care about.

Tells me stuff about vaginal health and how antibiotics give her yeast infections. #tmyk

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk