Stethoscope preference

Sasha

Forum Chief
Littmann Liteweight II i love the elongated bell. altho mine is Seafoam Green... its kinda unique in my group.

Ohoh! That's why I love my Littmann Lightweight! And mine is (Currently) in lilac. :]

reese919

Forum Ride Along
My girlfriend just got me a Littmann classic ii se to congratulate me for passing my basic exam. I love it so far. :)

jester_1269

Forum Probie
Personally, I'm diggin my Pure tone. Got to listen to one compared to a Classic II before I bought it, had me sold. sounds great in the truck.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I have a Cardiology III and I looooooooooove it. When I first started I used the inexpensive ones supplied and I always had a hard time with BPs and lung sounds. Then for a job I was loaned a Cardiology III and I fell in love with it. I didn't have the money for one initially, so I bought a Classic II which was pretty good up until I was stolen. By that time I had enough for the Cardiology III, which I bought in all black and had engraved.

gicts

Forum Lieutenant
http://cgi.ebay.com/CARDIOLOGY-STET...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

The GrX's clone of the Littmann Cart III at $32 shipped is great enough for me. Works great for everything I need it for and is cheap enough to abuse and lose compared to the true Littmann B) For less than the price of 1 Littmann I can get 2 near clones and use for my 2 bags and don't have to keep swapping or carrying a scope around

Last edited by a moderator:

Kendall

Forum Lieutenant
I have a Littmann Classic II S.E.. I love it; good acoustics, durable, easy to maintain and its a mid-range stethoscope for price. All the pretty colors make it easy to tell which one is yours!

I've been trying to learn cardiac sounds and the classic is not the greatest to say the least. My partner uses a Littman Master Classic and its a pretty good scope and there are a number of medics around here with Cardiology III's and STC's. Every now and then I see a welch allyn but Littmann is pretty well the standard.

jochi1543

Forum Captain
I've been trying to learn cardiac sounds

I'm still trying to learn to hear lung sounds in a moving ambulance going 120 kmh on a rural road.:wacko:

LukaPL

Forum Probie
Littmann Classic II S.E.

it was a gift because spending 80 bucks on stethoscope is insane
although its great compare to 5 $ ones we have in rigs

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Whichever one is closest. You can have the "super-delux stethoscope master 5000" but if you don't know how to use it properly, it won't matter.

EMT007

Forum Lieutenant
Yes, but if you DO know how to use it properly, the "super-delux stethoscope master 5000" is going to be much more useful than whichever one is closest ;)