Stethescope problem

Intubateorprocreate

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone! I recently got a Littmann cardiology 3 and I am loving the sound, weight etc. The only problem I am having is with the diaphragm cover popping off super easily. Like the plastic part comes off from where it attaches under the rubber "o-ring" . I have seen some really thick looking rubber things on some senior medics scopes and some ER people. But since I have been having the problem I haven't seen anyone with the rubber things. The closest thing I can seem to find is "non-chill" bell sleeves, but I don't thing that would fix the problem. The problem doesn't seem to really do it on the smaller bell part only the wide flat diaphragm. Anyways, any help finding something to make it a little more "rugged" would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey everyone! I recently got a Littmann cardiology 3 and I am loving the sound, weight etc. The only problem I am having is with the diaphragm cover popping off super easily. Like the plastic part comes off from where it attaches under the rubber "o-ring" . I have seen some really thick looking rubber things on some senior medics scopes and some ER people. But since I have been having the problem I haven't seen anyone with the rubber things. The closest thing I can seem to find is "non-chill" bell sleeves, but I don't thing that would fix the problem. The problem doesn't seem to really do it on the smaller bell part only the wide flat diaphragm. Anyways, any help finding something to make it a little more "rugged" would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Contact littman and see if they'll replace the scope or send you a new ring. It shouldn't be popping off at all stock unless you intentionally remove it, and only then.