So I just enrolled...

SuperstarInTheMaking

Forum Probie
Hey there! I'm new to the forum so I suppose I should properly introduce myself since I'll be spending quite a bit of time here.

My name is Dustin and I live in Wilmington, DE. I'm currently looking into the details of volunteering at my local firehouse (Talleyville) and I just enrolled in a paramedic program that starts the end of July. It's a 6 month program to EMT-B and then they place me in a job while I train for paramedic. Should be fun.

My actual question was, does anyone have any tips that will help me on my way. I'd also like to hear from any locals (Delaware/SE Pennsylvania).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Dustin

Amack

Forum Crew Member
Hey there! I'm new to the forum so I suppose I should properly introduce myself since I'll be spending quite a bit of time here.

My name is Dustin and I live in Wilmington, DE. I'm currently looking into the details of volunteering at my local firehouse (Talleyville) and I just enrolled in a paramedic program that starts the end of July. It's a 6 month program to EMT-B and then they place me in a job while I train for paramedic. Should be fun.

My actual question was, does anyone have any tips that will help me on my way. I'd also like to hear from any locals (Delaware/SE Pennsylvania).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Dustin

Hey Dustin,

Welcome! I'm fairly new as well. I'm in my 6th or 7th week of EMT-B class. Let me tell you, its alot of work, however incredibly exciting and rewarding (almost simultaneously) just to know that in a few short months I'll be out there helping people, ushering them in and out of this world. It's quite profound.

As for some tips, keep at it! You have a long way to go if you're pursuing medic school. I even hesitate to implement the word "school" since the classroom didactics are quite a departure from the traditional sense of the word! AKA it's a TON OF FUN!;)

Best of luck in your upcoming endeavor(s) and I look forward to seing 'ya around the forums!

Peace
~AMack

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Study hard, ask a lot of questions and remeber why we do this: to help people.

Good luck.

Artique

Forum Crew Member
Best of luck and it will be great. I almost got in this month but Ill have to shoot for sept. I cant wait to go as well.