Research Paper

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
Hey All.. I've been an Instructor for half a bazillion years and have run out of ideas for research papers... or projects.. have any recommendations? let me know. My students will have papers that are due when they come back from Christimas Break, so any response I get now will be helpful... thanks!

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
Having students right about issues in EMS that aren't as obvious as the basics. i.e. ambulance involved accidents, effects of stress on EMS providers, or advances in EMS--polyheme is huge news where i'm from and everyone is wondering about it. I'm sure that you have heard or used all these but it was just my two cents. My professor allows us to write our paper on any EMS related topic (he checks and makes sure they are okay first of course)
As far as projects having them come up with something that would prove useful to ems could have some potential...make them design an new ambulance an have them design it or explain it on powerpoint

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
New advances in EMS: Polyheme, CPR devices

Current arguments in EMS: CISM, New ECC guideline ideas, etc.

I really like idea of either: going over the ECC Guidelines 2005 if they are out, or, if they aren't out, talking about what is likely to change. This is espicially timely, as that meeting should be REAL soon, if it hasn't already happened, and, while your class may be the "last" under the guidelines 2000, but they will need to know the new ones anyway.

Jon

OP
OP
joemt

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
Good suggestions... both of you..

I hadn't thought about the Guidelines changes... I'm not sure when they're coming out, but that information is only a phone call away. I also like the idea of Polyeheme...

I may have them do the team project thing though..... Mercy.. too many choices.. LOL.. thanks again.