Question about mechanical lifts at nursing homes

Summit

Critical Crazy
Are you trained to use that model of lift?
What does your policy say?
What does their policy say?

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
I've never had issues having LTC staff help with it. Often times they have to go get the sling or the lift is shared anyways. For home ones the patient and family and usually well versed in its operation. Beyond that I've never found them difficult to use and if the patient is so ill that I'm not comfortable with the time to set it up I have slider sheets, a power cot and muscles.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
I usually have the staff operate it, and they are usually pretty happy to do so.

SeventhAura

Forum Ride Along
As someone who has worked in a nursing home I'm gonna say your best bet for liability's sake is to have their staff operate them. If the proper staff or the lift itself isn't readily available stick to our tried and true EMS methods (sheets, boards, your muscles etc.) just as you would if the patient were in a private residence.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
As someone who has worked in a nursing home I'm gonna say your best bet for liability's sake is to have their staff operate them. If the proper staff or the lift itself isn't readily available stick to our tried and true EMS methods (sheets, boards, your muscles etc.) just as you would if the patient were in a private residence.
Thank you for reviving the thread to add your input.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk