Pcr

Lucy212

Forum Crew Member
Hello all,

I was wondering if I can lean on your shoulders quickly here and ask yet another question since I'm having a hard time understanding this.

I found a hospital that will hire me but they suggest I volunteer first to get experience. So far I have done a few ride-a-longs and have been able to help hands on with patients.

My dilemma is with the PCR report. It's very detailed and there are many boxes to check off. It calls for many numbers and codes I don't know yet. Aside from our unit number and time dispatched/arrived on scene and vitals taken I'm very clueless as to how to fill out the rest.

The narrative part is the easiest of the form since it's free hand and I've been doing practice PCRs while the other EMT does the official one, but I just can't seem to wrap my fingers around it.

Do you happen to know of any website that can possibly help me to understand better how to fill one out? Perhaps a generic one with a Jane Smith/John Doe patient or something?

This topic was covered in EMT class but discussed in minimal detail.

Thanks!

~ Lucy

" If you're going to CRITICIZE ME, do it after you teach me something..."

nakenyon

Forum Crew Member
When you say about codes and numbers you don't know yet. What do you mean? Codes for insurance billing?

As for a generic one, every company pretty much uses their own PCR.

Have you tired asking around where you are doing your ride-along? The EMTs there would probably be better suited to answer the questions because they use the PCR all the time.

emt_irl

Forum Captain
all you can do is practice, as they say practice makes perfect!

by codes im assuming drugs codes and call classification codes etc?