PA EMS Protocols

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
So.... I just got a "Oh :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: " Letter from my Operations Director, regarding the PA State BLS Protocols that went into effect in September of 2004: http://www.dsf.health.state.pa.us/health/lib/health/ems/bls_protocols_2004.pdf

Apperently, someone just noticed a BIG issue. There is NO mention of oral glucose administration in the protocols. AT ALL. OOPS.

Umm... protocols have been out since May of 2004. In use since September 2004. AND WE JUST NOW CAUGHT THIS????? WTF!

Quote his note "The State is working on correcting this problem, but you must call command before administering Oral Glucose."

STUPID. STUPID. STUPID.

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I bought the pocket books for both ALS & BLS.. and both have oral glucose in them.

Maybe it's just you? :p

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Where did you get the "official" BLS pocket book. And they don't have a state-wide ALS protocol yet... so no state-wide book ;).

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
MedicStudentJon said:
Where did you get the "official" BLS pocket book. And they don't have a state-wide ALS protocol yet... so no state-wide book ;).

I didn't say state wide ALS Protocols, did I?

No.

My region is "on top", so instead of using a huge binder, I have a small book about 4"x3".

BLS book is free from the EMS office.