NREMT-I

medic 4-2

Forum Probie
I am enrolled in the NREMT-I class you do you guys have any sugestions?

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by Flight-LP@Aug 7 2005, 09:27 PM
pass the class and the test.................. :p
great advice.... :rolleyes: I am enrolled in the intermediate/medic program starting this month. From now til december is the emt-i part, and the next year after that is the medic part. I am also looking for suggestions... support... comments

RALS504

Forum Lieutenant
I found the EMT-I class to be a lot of fun. It was more like a advance EMT-B class with the same topics discused in a more cellular level. With that said I found a vast difference on the street with my Intermediate level license. You can do a lot more harm with your drug/skills if used improperly. I have found that there are two kind of Intermediates; Basics who start IV's and aggressive Intermediates who regularly practice many of their skills to make a difference in a patient's life. Only street time will tell which one you will be.
Good luck and if you need a quality stethoscope check E-BAY. I have bought two different Littmann Cardiologist II SE for $80 each, delivered. Oh yeah, I am an aggressive NREMT-I 85 and a New Mexico EMT-I with ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, and NRP. I have been an EMT-I for almost four years. The best thing about being an EMT-I: Basics love you if you show up before ALS on a critical scene and I's save Medics from having to do all the paperwork if your service lets you practice to your full scope of practice.