North Carolina EMT-B exam: Skills test?

garcut

Forum Ride Along
Reaction score
Hello all,
My question is; Does the North Carolina EMT-Basic state exam have a skill portion, or a practical portion? I am scheduled to take the exam at the end of this week. Im pretty sure I have been told that it doesn't have a skills/practical portion however, I would just like to make sure.

Thanks,
-G

Yeah, I was just attempting to get my question in front of a larger audience.

only post in one place otherwise you may confuse people. (: sorry i cant be of any help! i used to live in north carolina, but that was before I was old enough to practice!

Hello all,
My question is; Does the North Carolina EMT-Basic state exam have a skill portion, or a practical portion? I am scheduled to take the exam at the end of this week. Im pretty sure I have been told that it doesn't have a skills/practical portion however, I would just like to make sure.

Thanks,
-G

It has been at least 10 years, I believe, since there were skill stations during the state exam. Instead you do your technical scope of practice examinations as part of your class.

At the state level you only take the exam. I'm extremely surprised your instructor has not covered this with you.

Back