Nm ems

LoneStarSoldier

Forum Crew Member
I currently hold NREMT EMT-B as well as TX EMT-B certifications. I am curious as to what the exact requirements are to pursue EMT-B certification in New Mexico. I have already spoken to the EMS Bureau and emailed a couple people so far. I know that NM does not honor NREMT certification and that they require (at a minimum) that all out-of-state applicants attend a 16 hour refresher course and pass the state exam. I need to acquire an EMT-B certification in New Mexico because I am currently a volunteer firefighter within that state and would like to be able to operate as one (at this point I'm waiting for my application to go through). I am curious if there are any special clauses that provide for this situation to put me on the fast-track or not. I am willing to go through the entire (and albeit lengthy) process but if I can avoid it I will. I have all of the paperwork filled out and ready to go into the mail but I'm just waiting to see. Any advise from any New Mexico EMS personnel would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.