Need Help!

emtchick86

Forum Ride Along
I just got my nremt and I live in west virginia. I am having a hard time finding a job. If anyone know's of a good wedsite to go to without paying for it. It would be a GREAT help!!! thanks

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Trying looking through your local Department of Health for a list of all agencies in your area. Then spam em all with resumes.

thowle

Forum Crew Member
There are probably more than a thousand job-finding utilities out there. I would suggest going to Google.com, and searching for something along the lines of "Job Search System".

I know www.monster.com will have quiet a few listings for medical-related job offerings in your area.

Also check on www.usajobs.gov, it's a Government resource for finding job offerings around the country.

Another thing you can do is get a phone book, find all local HOSPITALS, and EMS Providers. Then, search the internet for their website (if they have one), or call them for job offerings.

Usually local hospitals will have openings for Paramedics, and EMT-B's within the Emergency Room.

Good luck, and also as BossyCow said look through your local health department.

SeeYa,
Trav

OP
OP
E

emtchick86

Forum Ride Along
Well I live in a really rual place. I tryed the wedsites you gave me. but no luck. I went to the some citeds around me. and have put in apps. But I hope to hear something back. thank you for your time and help

OP
OP
E

emtchick86

Forum Ride Along
Well I live in a really rual place. I tryed the wedsites you gave me. but no luck. I went to the some citeds around me. and have put in apps. But I hope to hear something back. thank you for your time and help

thowle

Forum Crew Member
Well, first off -- you can't get a job if there isn't any place to work in the first place :)

Are there any paid fire departments with medical support near you?

Are there any local ambulance providers near you?

Are there any hospitals near you?

Are there any medically oriented assisted living facilities near you?

Are there any local corrections facilities near you (jail, etc)?

Any large companies, such as chemical companies, factories, etc?

All of those places may be interested in hiring an EMT with your credentials.

thowle

Forum Crew Member
No problem, good luck with your job search .. if I lived a little closer I would try to help you a little bit more, but I don't think there is too much I can do from here.

gnh2276

Forum Crew Member
hey emt chick

Logan county needs emt's