Movies to watch

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Ok... Just finished watching Bringing out the Dead today. Very dark, but seems truthful. Only downside was that at one minute they were in a type II, then they loaded the patient into a Type I and transported. THen the next call theyy were in a type III. (I don't know whats worse - that I noticed, or I know it is a big deal :blink: :rolleyes: :lol: )

Also high on my cool EMS films is Mother, Jugs, and Speed. I want Bill Cosby's ambulance (No, not so I can fondle patients in the back ;) ) You know, the one that looks like Mr T's Van Meets an Ambulance :D :huh: :p :lol:

Then there is Backdraft - yeah, not totally accurate, and not truly EMS, but still a cool movie.

Finally, Ladder 49 - AWESOME MOVIE. Again, not true EMS, but a great Whacker Movie.

Which ones am I missing???

Jon

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Cannonball Run is great - while not EMS related, there is an ambulance and a scary "field physician".

Mother, Jugs and Speed is awesome!

shorthairedpunk

Forum Lieutenant
Paramedics-great 80s sex romp

Broken Vessels, you just cant beat shooting smack in a bus

Bringing out the Dead, my all time favorite, I watch it bout once a week

Just watched M,J, & S last week, awesome flick, more realistic than many would imagine about the old days

A fellow EMT and I dream of refurbishing a bus to the quality standards set forth bu the great Bill Cosby

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
They sold the Mother, Jugs & Speed ambulance that Leroy & Mother drove on eBay for a charity auction; and they also sold the ambulance from Cannonball Run.

You can get pretty much any video in the world from the 2005 edition of Critics Choice Video Catalog.

http://www.ccvideo.com/

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Also a good one, "The Ambulance"..

Has James Earl Jones and that guy from Run Away Train, Eric Roberts.

Plot Summary
Josh Baker (Eric Roberts) meets a very special woman, Cheyl (Janine Turner), in the streets of New York. Suddenly she collapses, and she's picked up by an ambulance. When Josh wants to visit her in the hospital, it appears that she hasn't been admitted in the hospital. Josh follows the roommate of Cheryl, and she disappears after a ride in the same ambulance. It's up to Josh to solve the secret behind this strange vehicle.

Eric Roberts .... Josh Baker
James Earl Jones .... Lieutenant Spencer
Megan Gallagher .... Sandra Malloy
Red Buttons .... Elias Zacharai
Janine Turner .... Cheryl
Eric Braeden .... The Doctor
Richard Bright .... Detective McClosky
Jim Dixon .... Detective 'Jughead' Ryan
Jill Gatsby .... Jerilyn
Martin Barter .... Street Gang Leader
Laurene Landon .... Patty
Nick Chinlund .... Hugo (as Nicholas Chinlund)
Matt Norklun .... Ambulance Driver
Rudy Jones .... Ambulance Driver

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
the only movie that i've seen out of all listed is canonball run. I heard ladder 49 was terrible...

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Feb 13 2005, 11:13 PM
I am going to start carrying a tool to let the air out of tires too :)
But that's only for the trucks of the co's that have um, ended their affiliation with us

Jon