Military and the EMT

FFEMTMIKE

Forum Ride Along
This questions has probably been answered before but i couldnt find it.
Back in 200? I got my EMT-B licensure with NREMT and my host state. I say Host state cause I am active duty military and in 2002 I had to transfer due to the base shutting down. I had taken CEH to keep my licensure with the state but none of them applied toward the NREMT stuff. ANy way with a deployment to Afghanistan and another one to Iraq and then being PCSed to Egypt I have found that it is about impossible to keep the required hours for the relincesure. My question is what are the time frames before i can reapply to NREMT and will I get my old # back?

I am willing to take the entire course over again cuz what we do in the feild sometimes is not always what they taught in the book!

Thanks for your support
Mike C

" People sleep peacefully in thier beds at night because rough men are willing to do violence on there behalf"

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I don't know about NREMT (not required in my State) but call the local DOH or EMS office in your host state/county... they may be able to work something out. My County and State are pretty good with reciprocal certifiations and refreshing.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
the other thing, is depending on the timeline, you could make a case that your service in the armed forces prevented you from re-certing, and perhaps they will let you challenge the exam, not have to do the whole course again.

Jon

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Were you in a medical MOS in the military? If so, I believe NREMT will honor that. If your EMT certification was seperate from your miltary service, then maybe not, but I believe they'd probably work with you. Contact them and see what they have to say.

Summit

Critical Crazy
+1 for contacting the agencies

I hope they will accomidate you.

Thank you for your service!