medic school

wlamoreemtb

Forum Crew Member
So I start medic school in a week!! Im really excited and very VERY nervous. I have been studying my @$$ off. This is going to be a great experience I think I cant wait :) . Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!!!!!

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
we've been all through this like four hundred times. fire up a search for medic school and you get pages of answers to that question.

good luck!

FutureFlightMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Hi! I just took my final Paramedic school written exam today, and got a 98%! Gearing up to take the NREMT-P exam and start my new job in a ground/flight service:) The key to my success (and not losing my 'A') throughout this entire loooong year was staying on top of it. Know that you really will have no life during medic school (it IS true what they say about that); I have bills stacked on the counter, phone calls to make and spoiled milk in the fridge. I have come close (recently) to a melt-down. You will be exhausted and frustrated. But it can be done, you'll see. At the end of medic school, you'll get out what you put in. And it is WORTH IT!So put in alot; know that you'll have in your hands (and head) a tremendous amount of knowledge and responsibility. And be proud of it; learn when to use it, and when not to. There were a few people in my medic class who used this whole year as a joke. Many days it was nothing more for them than a chance to goof off and leave early. Don't be them. I think it's so important to have fun when doing this; life is stressful enough. But you are a making a serious decision to go out and help people so it should be taken seriously for the most part. Enjoy yourself, every minute, and know that the day will come when you are no longer a "Paramedic Student" - You are a PARAMEDIC:rolleyes:
Lean on us on this board! We are here to help and Good Luck!

MAC4NH

Forum Crew Member
So I start medic school in a week!! Im really excited and very VERY nervous. I have been studying my @$$ off. This is going to be a great experience I think I cant wait :) . Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!!!!!

Cool! I'm starting in Hudson County on Monday. Hang loose and enjoy the ride!