I missed my state final exam!!

cvitkun90

Forum Ride Along
Reaction score
Hey, I just found this forum and I need help. I am freaking out, and my class instructor hasn't gotten back to me yet. I took a 6 month EMT course in NY state. I did fine on all the modules in the class, I passed the class final. I got a near-perfect score on the practical exam. I thought the exam was the 30th of the month, and I found out through a voice mail I checked after work that it was today and I missed it. I feel so stupid. Does anyone know if how/when I can take another one? Do I need to retake the entire 6 month program over again? I am going crazy, if someone knows anything please help!! :sad:

Take a deep breath, guy. You simply reschedule the test. You may or may not have to wait two weeks, and I highly doubt you'll get a refund, but its not the end of the world. Sign up again, and this time make a reminder for it.

Thanks, I looked more into my DOH retesting policy, and I have up to a year to retake it. I am still nervous though because NY EMS is in a horrible f-d up situation right now: (I wanted to put a link to the story here, but I can't post URL links unless I have made 5 previous posts.) Essentially, all EMS exams are cancelled until further notice because someone in government forgot to pay a bill.:glare:

Thanks, I looked more into my DOH retesting policy, and I have up to a year to retake it. I am still nervous though because NY EMS is in a horrible f-d up situation right now: (I wanted to put a link to the story here, but I can't post URL links unless I have made 5 previous posts.) Essentially, all EMS exams are cancelled until further notice because someone in government forgot to pay a bill.:glare:

I understand that is just a rumor. I took the NYS EMS exam last night. And yos you can reschedule.

Back