Heat & gear

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Ok, I know that half of y'all have at least some sort of a whackerpack in the car. Admit it. :p

Now, the question is... which items have you found to have suffered (or failed) due to the heat? IE has anything you went to use not come out quite right because it was sitting in a hot car for too long.
Gloves can get dry & brittle after a while. Glucose paste can be kind of nasty. Etc.

Anything else you've run across?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I've had glove problems... It can be funny to put a latex glove on, make a fist, and then have the glove fall off in 3 pieces... but only when you are EXPECTING it to do that. I always carry a pair of gloves in my back pocket, and I don't usually "trust them" if they've been in my pocket for a couple of days (I use them for checking oil and putting gas in the vehicles at work).

I have some nitrile gloves that I keep in my trunk of my car... I mainly use them for car work on my car... where it is nice to have clean hands afterword, but not a HUGE issue if I have to wash my hands.

I've had plently of problems with latex gloves, espicially if they are in sunlight for too long. I haven't had the same problems with Nitrile gloves unless they've been in the heat AND sun for a VERY long time (months).

gradygirl

TROUBLE
We have an issue with cold. Since Epipens are sensitive to temp change, we carry them separately from our main bags, which live in the trunks of the campus LEO's cars.